BobCat Ind. - Colonization, exploring and research vehicle

BobCat

How much KAS connection you testet in one moment? 4? 6? 20 ? ))) How many FPS eat every KAS connections ?

Mir currently has 3 KAS solar panels stock I have six on mine plus one kAS docking connecter on each modual for redundancy that's a total of 12 part using the KAS plugin. (no noticeable FPS drop)

The most winches I have test at once was 3 daisy chained together attaching rovers the only fps lag i got was when i would sling the other two rovers around and cause some thing to blow up. (drops to 6 fps when thing explode no noticeable drop other wise)

My rig is ASUS gaming laptop with a I7 a nvidia 560m gtx (2g) and a 8 g of ram.

Can some one with a lower speed rig can you test this as well please.

by the way the KAS plugin was updated since the last soviet pack its a lot less laggy now I used to get fps drop with old system but none now its like night and day.

Edit: Running tests right now using fraps for a better read out my base line so far on maxed game settings is 60 fps

Test Results

MK1 pod no attachments 60fps base line.

mk1 04x KAS stack winch + connectors 2 ea. = 60FPS with 1FPS drop on animation 2FPS drop on sway

MK1 08x KAS stack winch + connectors 2 ea. = 59FPS with 2FPS drop on animation 6FPS drop on sway

MK1 16x KAS stack winch + connectors 2 ea. = 58FPS with 3FPS drop on animation 10FPS drop on sway

All results are on an average with +-3FPS tolerance.

TEST Rig (78 parts)

screenshot83_zpsc7784127.png

Edited by cappedu
Test Data

Perhaps something that is "carried" like a KAS connector to it's destination, but while being moved (not attached) is made up of a limited number of accordian-esque segments ( with a joint between each segment and appropriately limited range of motion), when it's connected then lock the position of the segments and delete the joints (making it all one part) ? of course during it purely KAS like would be easier to model and program but look a bit funny with one long stiff yet stretchy tube ...

It would help if we would have more information on your rig (like what's the processor ?) so I could know if my pc is a lower end PC compared to yours and therefore know if I'm suitable for your test. I would be surprised to have a better rig, I have a 4-5 years old rig with a new graphic card (radeon HD 7950 OC) but since KSP doesn't run physics on graphics card my computer is more of a lower end for that game. ( processor: Intel Core i7 920 (8 CPUs) 2.67Ghz (not an 960) and 6GB of ram)

EDIT: Intel Core i7 920

Edited by Antoine_Le_Grand

System specs from dx dag.

System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

System Model: G74Sx laptop

Processor: Intel® Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Unfortunately, big and Bobcat dont mix well, for completely legitimate reasons. There have been attempts, but the game is limiting on truly big things.

(Im mainly reminiscing about the Cassowary, which is discontinued, right? I really wish that project worked out)

Unfortunately, big and Bobcat dont mix well, for completely legitimate reasons. There have been attempts, but the game is limiting on truly big things.

(Im mainly reminiscing about the Cassowary, which is discontinued, right? I really wish that project worked out)

Big and PhysX don't work well together, The Bobcat Ind team has nothing to do with it. Particularly Chobit, the main purveyor of over sized mod ideas and giant tobelrones

Big and PhysX don't work well together, The Bobcat Ind team has nothing to do with it. Particularly Chobit, the main purveyor of over sized mod ideas and giant tobelrones

Yeah, sorry. Thats what I meant. Nothing against your team and the stunning mods you have produced. Should have been more clear, huh? :)

When I said big I meant only a few feet bigger than Buran. I have heard of the problems with the hercules because of its size. Please try creating it.The ksp fans need the coolest space shuttle that is Buran sized cause kliper is already released so there is no shortage of small shuttles.

Thank you so very much for your consideration and I hope you will agree that this could be the next big thing in ksp.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

If you would please, don't post like this, also they HAVE tried to make it that's why they know it doesn't work (literately breaks the game).

Now a question: Is the Cass still in the works?

As I for one have NOT seen any mention by a Bobcat team member of it's cancellation, yet many seem to state it is (just trying to "clear the air" around the subject). But as far I as I knew it wasn't and as part of HOME2, it's release has been held till the .20 update.

AFAIK the "Hercules" was discontinued, not the "Cassowary"…

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.