Land on Stuff

I landed on Moho today, the planet nearest to the sun. Quite tricky to rendezvous with its eccentric orbit, and when I tried landing near a large crater on the side facing Kerbol the landing gear exploded when I reached about 3000m. I tried again and switched to a polar orbit, landing in the semi-darkness near the north pole and it was ok, so I presume it's something temperature related rather than a bug...?

Moho1.jpg

Moho2.jpg

Moho = too hot to land on light side. You must land on dark side.

You don't need docking to do a staged, multi-vehicle Orbital rendezvous mission profile.

I use crew tanks to build orbit-only interplanetary transit ships like the Ol' Reliable Space Bus Pictured here:

JaiRbl.png

This lander can't make a return trip,

iWS3Fl.png

But she has fuel to rendezvous in orbit

BOdukl.png

Here is the crew transfer:

DtV0Tl.png

otWli.png

So long, empty lander. May you burn up on reentry.

nlDe3l.jpg

And Space Bus takes us home!

K9Bpkl.png
Edited by OldReliable
Removed inline images.

I know it's not the point of the topic but DAMN I want to know what mod that is, too! :D

They are the DEMV mk1 by Bobcat, the torus (I think :huh:) from supersonic labs and the Alien nostromo and I cant remember who made that but it was in plugin-powered releases from memory

EDIT: I've also got a landing on Eve from a while back but ran out of fuel so at Eve it shall stay!

Edited by haydn1997

I finally managed to get to Duna, though I butchered the landing completely.

0RqJQ.png

One of my three landing engines was detached by the new space kraken, so I decided to attempt an emergency landing with chutes only.

4dGpj.png

I thought that I was deploying the chutes, but I had already deployed them. With no landing legs and no hope, I jettisoned the return stage and attempted to land with just the capsule and chute.

TndXs.jpg

As you can see, I am coming in a bit too fast.

z6pmh.jpg

M22oS.png

After all of that, I finally managed to set Bill down on Duna.

pBBQm.png

uSoEo.png

Views like this are why I came here in the first place. That and universal domination.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.