What happened to the Ravenspear Mk2 and other "missing" stock craft?

Ultimate Steve

Exactly what the title says. As far as stock craft go, we have the Mk1 (atmospheric), the Mk3 (suborbital), and the Mk4 (atmospheric) but no Mk2.

I vaguely remember seeing some old stock craft in a very old version, maybe 0.18 or 0.16 or something, in an old YouTube video, which have since been removed from the game. I might be misremembering, though. It is possible that the Mk2 was among these.

Does anyone else have any more information on the Mk2 and other possible deleted stock craft?

And on that note, we also have the Aeris 3A and 4A but no 1 or 2... And Albatross 3 but no 1 or 2.

I remember the oldest Aeris being Reliant-powered.  Very much clunky and obsolete once they added better engines.  Not to mention, the stock engines have been variously nerfed many times since they made them.  It's probable that the most ancient spaceplanes would no longer fly or make it to orbit.

Edited by Corona688

List here: https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Stock_craft

Neither the list, nor most of the craft pages, say when they were added, modified, or removed.

The numbered-lettered designations are probably just for 'cool factor' or whatever. The Aeris did have a 4A version (the Reliant-powered one Corona688 mentioned) but no 2A or 1A, nor any B or letterless versions; if these existed at all, they would've been pre-release versions of the craft only stored on a developer PC.

Edited by Rocket Witch

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.