Is there a nose cone that opens and closes?

maddog59

Not in the stock game, no, but Near Future Launch Vehicles does have 5m and 7.5m cargo bay nosecones that open and close like any other cargo bay; I think the 5m version hinges to the side like a cargo plane, opening up the full 5m interior, but the 7.5m one opens down one side. I don’t know of any others.

Thanks; I should've mentioned that I'm in Career, and only part way thru the tech tree. I'll take a look at the NFLV mod - sounds promising. In the meantime, here's my solution - not very pretty, and it makes shameless use of part clipping, but what the heck...

cUOgWqA.pngK3wp8kh.png

On 12/12/2020 at 3:10 PM, maddog59 said:

it makes shameless use of part clipping, but what the heck...

Part clipping is justified if they considered to be hollow like nose cones or empty tanks (blocked for this pourpose by design), or puting grids and struts inside structure. This is common use in real aplication just realized in more propper way which could not be achieved with stock parts (at least would not be reasonable to machine diferent part for every model of the vessel). I consider such thing more as a diagram of parts serving the tasks.

Have You connected autostruts to grandaprent in hinge and nose?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.