Installed 1.11.0 with these mods:
BreakingGround-DLC (BreakingGround-DLC (unmanaged))
Craft Manager (CraftManager 1.2.0)
Easy Vessel Switch (EVS) (EasyVesselSwitch 2.1)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement Continued (KerbalJointReinforcementContinued v3.5.1)
KSP Logger (KSPLogger 0.6.0.3)
KXAPI (KXAPI 1.2.0)
Phoenix Industries (PhoenixIndustries 1.7)
Planet Wiki (PlanetWiki 1:4.1)
Space Age (SpaceAge v1.1.1)
VariantPersist (VariantPersist 1.1)

I'm trying to rendezvous with another craft. Launch goes fine, I end up a couple of km behind my target, before circularization. My pilot is only level 1, but can point prograde/retrograde, and can hold the current orientation. When I click on the prograde widget, my ship is now oriented about 45 degrees towards radial out, from retrograde, no where NEAR the prograde marker. I think this is related to setting the other ship as a target. rather than giving me a target marker on the nav ball, it switches to the prograde/retrograde markers. Also the normal/anti-normal markers go away. 

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Bug with a mod, or with the game?

Not a bug- if you set the navball to target mode it will display your vector relative to the target- this moves the prograde/retrograde markers to show what direction you’re going relative to that object, not whatever you’re orbiting.

Although it’s hard to be entirely sure from your description, can you post a screenshot(s)?

On 12/22/2020 at 12:33 AM, jimmymcgoochie said:

Not a bug- if you set the navball to target mode it will display your vector relative to the target- this moves the prograde/retrograde markers to show what direction you’re going relative to that object, not whatever you’re orbiting.

Although it’s hard to be entirely sure from your description, can you post a screenshot(s)?

That sounds like it, but why not just use the target/anti-target markers?

EDIT: That IS the issue...I still don't know why they don't just use the target/anti-target markers.

Edited by Michel Bartolone
additional info

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.