Satellite refurbishment contract: Where is the satellite?

I accepted one of the new contracts in 1.11 (see image), thinking the game would place the satellite into my save. However, upon arriving at Minmus with an engineer and the required part, there was nothing there. Is it supposed to be one of my own satellites? If so, how do I identify it? None of them are named anything resembling the name given in the contract.

SLKiXsu

You will see it if you focus on Minmus, since it's pretty clear that it's in minmus orbit. Or go into the Tracking Station, and look at your list of crafts for the name it gives you on that contract. Then click the "Fly" button.

The game creates a new craft that belongs to you, and puts it in orbit someplace.

Thanks jimmymcgoochie! It was classified as Debris. Didn't think of that.

Quite a weird design decision imo. The thing had a working probe core, power, and antennae. And the quest lore characterised it as a working albeit ageing craft. I don't see why they would classify it as debris.

Edited by jdcr

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.