Help! Can Someone Explain how "Interactive iinterplanetary guide" Works?

Select the planet you are on right now and your target planet. This site will tell you how to get to your target planet.

You get two angles: Phase angle and ejection angle.

Phase angle: Target planet must be in front of your planet by x degrees. If the value is negative, then your planet must be in front of the selected planet.

Ejection angle shows you when to start your burn, because you want to leave your planet's orbit at a specific place.

Take a look at the images generated by that website:

First one shows you how the planets must align, next one shows you how your ship must align with Kerbin's direction of movement.

Edited by ForumHelper

Select the planet you are on right now and your target planet. This site will tell you how to get to your target planet.

You get two angles: Phase angle and ejection angle.

Phase angle: Target planet must be in front of your planet by x degrees. If the value is negative, then your planet must be in front of the selected planet.

Ejection angle shows you when to start your burn, because you want to leave your planet's orbit at a specific place.

Take a look at the images generated by that website:

First one shows you how the planets must align, next one shows you how your ship must align with Kerbin's direction of movement.

How can i know which angle i'm at?

I Still dont Get it :(

That is a protractor. They are used for determining angles. many people are holding them up to their screens to get a rough idea of the angle that the planets are at, and a rough idea of the location of their ejection burn. It's all very Kerbal.

That is a protractor. They are used for determining angles. many people are holding them up to their screens to get a rough idea of the angle that the planets are at, and a rough idea of the location of their ejection burn. It's all very Kerbal.

So if im right....

when im flying in an orbit around the earth (kerbal) at 100km hight... and when i do want to go to duna I need to press "do the maths" it says "The ejection angle: 150.91" and when my ship around the The planetary phase angle (44.36) and the mod says that im now on a ejection angle 150 i need to boost my way out?

Edited by Guest

It is funny...I don't have a protractor, so my first few flights to Jool and Duna were totally eyeballing it. Both were rather successful, no quick save and no quickload just some luck and lots of thrusting away from Kerbol until capture.

I don't do that now, because I use the mods now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.