Finally got to Jool!

Fridgecake

Hey budding Kerbanaughts!

Just thought i'd come here and say a huge thanks to Squad for making this amazing game. I'm not very good at this whole rocket science thing but have finally taken my kerbals to another planet. Bob Kerman is currently orbiting Jool. He's not got enough fuel, or a lander for that matter, to make a landing on the surface or anything like that. I'm just going to try and get him nice and close to the planet so he can EVA and take some pictures.

Again a huge thanks for this awesome game and I look forward to trying to rescue him with another craft!

Next stop, trying to land on Eve/Duna!

Fridgecake

Good choice on not trying to land on jool. Atmospheric surveys show that it is a gas giant and the pressure would crush the vessel before any sort of solid surface (in whatever existence it is) can be achieved! Anyways, watch out for it's atmosphere. With it's gravity well, if you start losing velocity might not be able to get it back. Good job though, you are doing better than I am with the new planetary exploration. I have acheived orbit/"landing" on gilly is about it.

I actually ended up 'landing' yesterday. I dropped my pod on to the surface by deploying the parachute and dropp off all of the stages. My god it takes a long time to get down there.

It basically did what happened in the above posters video. When I EVA'd my Kerbal out he shook around for a good few minutes before exploding in a cloud of dust.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.