ThunderBirds Interplanetary Transport Work Thread-B-1 and F-1 are here!

halocon720

ThunderBirds Interplanetary Transport: Ad astra, per cognitionem.

Employees: halocon720 (Founder/CEO), Munstation (spacecraft designer)

Well, I've decided to make myself a nice organized main thread for my upstart KSP spacecraft company, and I hope to post some stuff in the near future. Also, I may not be posting for around 2 weeks, as I'll be in Hawaii starting the 28th. Anyway, let's get started!

(On a side note, most of these will require MechJeb, which you can take off if you want, but even so, look for the MechJeb modules, or Avionics Package in the case of planes.)

Interceptors:

ZsP56.pngH1mzy.pngYfmxq.pngThe F-4 Aerospike is the pinnacle of Kerbal rocket-interceptor tech, at least in my game. This plane is not meant to go long distances. It is meant for short-range flights.

wS2XO.jpgq8ftw.pngSPvxt.png The F-1 is a relic from my early 0.16 days in KSP. It was my first attempt at a jet and it turned out surprisingly well.

Orbiters:

9lYMJ.pngEQHED.pngyxTYl.pngm4xVn.png The Loki OIV (Orbital Insertion Vehicle) is a jack-of-all-trades orbiter that can get you up and home again. Side note: please remove my lift vehicle, as it will not work anymore.
Edited by halocon720
better .craft file

• 2 weeks later...

Rescue Ships:

Lu2Pg.pngJPD2Q.jpgXSWE5.pngThe Rescuer I is designed to rescue stranded crews from alien worlds. Make your own launch vehicle, replace the lander's engines if you want. Requires NovaPunch, MechJeb, and Crewtank.

Bombers:

m5RpK.jpggpa3T.jpgThe B-1 ThunderBird is a proven intercontinental bomber that can strike targets at great distances. Turn on the SAS as soon as the plane gets in the air, as it is impossible to fly without SAS. Also, go close to the ground when you drop the bombs.

Here is a link to the bomb part for the plane: http://www.kerbalspaceprogram.net/kerbal-space-program-mods#wing

It's a .rar file, so you need 7-Zip or such to open it.

Edited by halocon720
mod link

B-1 is (and has been, for a couple days now) released! This bomber is proven to have intercontinental capabilities and can strike targets across the ocean. Getting back is another story.

In other news, I've just remade my very first jet from when I started playing KSP, the F-1. .craft file will come shortly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.