LV-T45 Swivel

I'm going through the tutorial for ksp and I'm doing the "Intermediate Construction" part. When asked to attach the lv-t45 swivel under the engine tab, nothing is there. Is this a technical issue or am I missing something?

I just tried Missions for the first time.  When I got to the second Dawn of the Space Age one, i.e. build a sounding rocket that has to go to 48,000 km or whatever for a temperature reading, I found I'm missing the Swivel engine as well.  Very frustrating.

The workaround was to enable Advanced Mode (right arrow on the top left), then Filter by Tech Level, then pick 2, as described here.

SNXg4eq.png

Edited by Fwiffo
Provide workaround

The Swivel was updated with a new model in 1.12.2, but the old model was deprecated and has been hidden from the normal parts list; the tutorial missions haven’t been updated for this change though so the new engine doesn’t show up and the old one can only be found by looking in the advanced filter options as shown above.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.