Space plane certification and prooving grounds

Exclipse

i got a other plane which i could enter the behemoth and the vortex both are made of over 100 parts and cause lag when they take off but not when they are flying

the landing gear is that far back to prevent the back coming off when i take off (issues with the behemoth and vortex) and that often causes me to crash

thanks for the help though i try to make a new version to fix any problems

PS. i will try that bomb system you mentioned.

Lag won't bother me testing them. My computer handles things well.

Yeah, I was also a bit chatting about my designs on the front page. I have a 9 bomb pack, but I was dropping them in 3s. The lag I find is worst at launch, not sure if that has to do with the ksp or not. If the back is falling off, try running a tension wire right from the back onto the tail fin, then connect the front of tail fin to your front main structure. That should stiffen and hold up the rear sections.

Decouplers make for decent bombs.

Here's my maneuverable bomber, the Jekyll Mk II:

T99kv.jpg

ZQPPh.jpg

All bombs are precision accurate and it holds 15 of them (fired in ten sets).

EDIT: Was in a hurry to get this posted, so here's the flight manual:

Step 1: Fire up the main engine

Step 2: fire VTO rockets at ~80m/s for optimal ascent to 500 meters within ten seconds.

Edited by cardgame

it is held up its when i try to pull up the front lifts up and the back goes down and well crunch the back is gone i fixed it by adding further landing gear further back

i also have nasas computer cause it only lags durring takeoff with over 160 parts for the vortex '_'

Lol! I have something I do on planes that have clearance problems. It does add a bit more parts, but I find it makes a huge difference.

What I do is I take one of the small structure bits. Those short little things that space out by half a metre approx. Parallelogram shape if you know what I mean. Attach a landing gear to those and then connect strut on each side from the structure element to your fuselage. If I don't have the struts, then they like to collapse on me.

Does the plane need to be capable of multiple take-offs, or even landing at all? Basically I want to know if I can use detatchable boosters during initial take-off, which seems likely due to your mention of detatchable fuel tanks but should be clarified before I attempt to make anything specifically for this challenge.

im making a second version of the Vampire mk3 called the vampire mk3B

its made up of more parts and has a improved landing gear lay out also the bombs are equiped to fly inwards below the hull from the wings no more missing cause the bombs are to far apart :D

i be posting the file and picture soon probably on thursday.

good luck all with your bombers and fighters :D

PS. its designed to glide a good distance without engine power

Edited by toxictalon74

PS. its designed to glide a good distance without engine power

Oh man, that is an excellent idea to work with. Launch on boosters, glide in from a high altitude, drop bombs and then burst away. Kerbal stealth at the finest. If they cannot hear me, how can they know to look! I will not work on that though, but glide in strike craft can be a theme that would be pretty cool!

B.L.I.M.P. 42 (Bomber: Large, Intercontinental, Multi-Purpose. 4 engines, 2 payloads)

1aCiB

Statistics (Individual craft, capable of all simultaneously):

Payload: 2x2.9T

Range: Straight East across the ocean to the next continent and all the way back.

The B.L.I.M.P 42 is admittedly the first released bomber design from Guywithnohats inc., however this long-range behemoth may and/or may not revolutionize the way all of Kerbin thinks about bombers! The most notable feature is a very large payload area, which combines with its enormous wingspan to lift and transport any number of desireable or undesireable ordinances to targets at considerable range.

Note: Guywithnohats inc. warns all consumers away from attaching dozens of decouplers over the entire bottom surface of the payload area and activating them all simultaneously. Guywithnohats inc. insists that doing so will result in detaching all wings and engines from the craft, and that no employees were harmed during any testing procedure.

Get it here!

S.T.RIKE (Strange, Tiny, Rapid I.K.E. [insert, Kill, Escape]) platform v1:

1aCty

Top statistics (platform is capable of all, but not simultaneously):

Time on Target: 9'20"

Weight: 5.545T

Payload: 2x2.5T (2 bombs, each with 2 mk1 Fuselage w/ fuel (1.2T) and 2 RCS thruster block (0.05T). Decouplers not included in test flight.)

Guywithnohats inc. has also added its first, best, and smallest Strike-class vehicles to available orders! The S.T.RIKE platform, rather than being considered a single vehicle, is a widely and easily customizable base for suiting your specific needs. The base model weighs in at a mere 5.5 tons, light enough to be transported anywhere without great effort, and modifications can be done by either the manufacturer or the customer without worry! The system has been tested for up to 5 tons of weaponry, though full capacity flight is very difficult to achieve by any but the most experienced, determined, and near-suicidal pilots. Credit for our successful test flights goes to outside contractor Jebediah Kerman.

Proof of cited statistics:

screenshot10yt.png

screenshot6t.png

Get it here!

If you wish to attempt liftoff with the max-payload test version, Get it here!

well i actually have a few good workin heavy armed plane designs but the problem is i can´t give pictures or anything in here, don´t know why

Got you an idea ?

(Sorry for bad english ;) )

In the forums, you to get a few posts, then it will let you attach images into your postings. It isn't much, I think just need the 5, but not 100% on that quantity.

time for the vampire mk3B to roll out since the old one seems rubbish compared to all these no planes its fixed its take-off problem quite well

each bomb weighs about 20-3.5 tons and it flys pretty well its ment to fly like a dive bomber and come in to drop its bombs in a slight dive 5-40 degree angle but can come in steeper.

i got a other plane coming out soon

its going to carry atleast 30 tons of bombs and reach a speed of 150 M/S

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.