Orbit and Mun building

erkha343

What do you mean? We build a Spaceport, we assemble craft's, then launch them.

lol thats fine on Kerbal where raw materials, factorys and refineries are present (presumably), but they aren't there on the Mun, hence if there was a spaceport on the Mun there would need to be some way of creating those supplies there

Assembly in orbit via resupply ships seems to be a better idea for large interplanetary ships..

lol thats fine on Kerbal where raw materials, factorys and refineries are present (presumably), but they aren't there on the Mun, hence if there was a spaceport on the Mun there would need to be some way of creating those supplies there

Assembly in orbit via resupply ships seems to be a better idea for large interplanetary ships..

Well yeah, for the campaign I'm all for realism, but I want a easy and fast way to make ships in sandbox mode. Ships that launch in vacuum and in low gravity environments.

How about launching your craft and just assembling it orbit? I'd honestly hate to be able to just build anything I wanted to in orbit, as it would remove a great deal of challenge by basically removing all constraints from the actual spacecraft by not requiring it to be launchable.

How about launching your craft and just assembling it orbit? I'd honestly hate to be able to just build anything I wanted to in orbit, as it would remove a great deal of challenge by basically removing all constraints from the actual spacecraft by not requiring it to be launchable.

I like this Idea.... The construction of a grand starship / station... Would be a neat end-game that requires several missions to complete. Would also necessitate the use of EVA's to connect struts, fuel lines - etc.

I like this Idea.... The construction of a grand starship / station... Would be a neat end-game that requires several missions to complete. Would also necessitate the use of EVA's to connect parts, struts, fuel lines - etc.

Another thing I'd like to perhaps see is NPC controlled missions. The player sets them up - assigns the kerbinaut, and they'll do their best to accomplish that goal. As operations / ideas get more complex, more resources would need to be applied on any one project. Having ships ferry bits and pieces, as well as precious minerals from other planets around Kerbol would be neat. Of course such operations would be LATE game when the player has amassed enough funding.

The player would also need to set up every detail of the mission. From designing the ship to setting launch dates, and setting up a step-by-step plan of the mission the NPC would undertake, and then saved for re-use.

Edited by ScramUK

Seems some people here miss out on the meaning of "sandbox" ? A sandbox game is one where you make your own objectives and conditions, unconstrained save by the game's own final limitations.

A "Mission to the Mun" being a prerequisite for opening a Munar KSC defeats the point of a sandbox mode, and is really only suited to a "Career" mode as apparently planned by the Squad. Same with NPCs and ferrying parts around for inventory management and logistics: it all sounds very cool, but it fits a "mission/career" mode and not "sandbox".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.