[0.17 Stock] Two fighter jets: K-15 and K-16

iamaphazael

So I've been playing around with making planes that resemble real life models, and these are a couple of designs I had been working on before, and just dusted off and rebuilt in .17. I present to you the K-15 and K-16!

I'm pretty happy with the way they came out. Like their real-world counterparts, the 16 is a faster and a little more agile, but also a bit, shall we say, squirrelier. The 15 is also a little more robust. It can land going 60+ m/s and with the nose basically on the horizon, but the 16 needs a little more finesse to bring it down in one piece

There's a little more mass thats not engines or fuel on here than I usually care for, but I think it looks pretty sexy. I experimented with replacing the nacelles with a pair of fuel tanks, to give it better range (the "e" model, of course), but I couldn't find a good place to add the extra lift and control authority it needed to get off the ground. Any change I made either made it look stupid or made the asas freak out. So here ya go. Looks like test pilot Kirk really enjoys it:

craft file: [ATTACH]33679[/ATTACH]

lndIu.png

Xt65w.png

More like a gas tank with wings. It's got nothing that's not needed, and is probably missing a few things that are needed. At least you can see out of this one.

craft file: [ATTACH]33680[/ATTACH]

zfhPo.png

GE9cQ.png

Edited by iamaphazael

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.