idea - mechanics of collision of asteroids, comets with the planet and options for their deviation from the course.

Hello everyone, I don't know if this topic was raised, but this may be interesting. I suggest adding small randomly generated comets, asteroids that will either orbit the planet or its satellite, or just in space. In the first option, which I will develop, it is assumed that the asteroid can either itself or with our help descend and collide with the planet's surface, with the corresponding physics and plasma animation. After it collides with the planet, black, gray soot may appear + if the asteroid is large, then a pit of a certain size. In principle, everything, if you have any questions or clarifications, I will be happy to answer

This already exists in KSP 1, where there are asteroids floating around space and orbiting Dres that you can move around with a big enough rocket. We’re not sure if deformable terrain will be included, although from the most recent dev video it looks like the terrain platform can handle the addition of new terrain deformations because all of the textures are generated based on slope. Plasma during reentry is also a part of KSP 1

6 hours ago, t_v said:

Это уже существует в KSP 1, где есть астероиды, плавающие в космосе и вращающиеся вокруг Дреса, которые вы можете перемещать с помощью достаточно большой ракеты. Мы не уверены, будет ли включен деформируемый ландшафт, хотя из последнего видео от разработчиков кажется, что платформа ландшафта может справиться с добавлением новых деформаций ландшафта, потому что все текстуры генерируются на основе уклона. Плазма при входе в атмосферу также является частью KSP 1.

television, it's a bit different. Not just as independent space bodies, but precisely moving towards the planet, that is, as a threat to both the cucumber and the base. you can even say a meteor shower can be washed down, if you add the possibility. And so the trick is that they just fall in random variants