[0.17] CO-OP CORP Now Recruiting

Elmetian

After finally getting some time to play with 0.17 I've found many of my 0.16 designs are now unbalanced, unstable or both. Because of this, I feel it's time I post a new thread and start afresh. Unfortunately my new job is eating up my time, so I've decided to start the <b>Cooperative Corporation</b>.

Here's the plan:

I need two, three, maybe four other like-minded engineers to help build a catalogue of excellent vehicles, post them in this thread and hopefully make a name for ourselves. I'm interested in sharing a persistent file(s) if a worthwhile mission is suggested, and also in players who are interested in using mods. I haven't had much time to install more than a few new parts, and I've never used Damned Robotics, Electrical Energy, Kethane etc, so I'd welcome a few people with prior experience so that our vehicles can begin exploiting the brilliant mod base available.

Something I'm keen to impress upon prospective applicants is my focus on aesthetics. I want our aircraft and rockets to look good. I wouldn't go as far as completely sacrificing functionality, but style is important. If you want some examples of my work, please see my old thread here or click on my signature. If you want to join, it would be good if you could provide an example of your own work as well. I'm not necessarily looking for people with exactly the same tastes as me, just that you're interested in building craft that are more than a mere stack of tanks with a pair of wings slapped on. I don't mind if you prefer to build alone or work on a shared project, just as long as you embrace the Co-op ethos.

If you're interested, please post here or PM me on the forums. I will reply to applications by PM only.

Edited by Narcosis

Hi there, I would certainly be interested.

Please don't take my lack of posts as being inexperienced, I have played KSP since 0.15, so I have some experience. However, I spend most my time on making planes, not spacecraft, so I would say planes are my strongest area of expertise.

Only problem I have is using mods, I hate them with a passion when trying to achieve new and impressive feats. Its more of a challenge trying to break barriers with stock parts eh? And you get more self satisfaction when you prevail on big projects.

Here are some of my personal achievements: (Just so you know what i've done)

- Landed on Mun

- Landed on Minmus

- Landed on Eve

- Flown 3/4 around kerbin in atmospheric craft

- Created fully working reusable space shuttle (Landed on Mun, Minmus and Eve (Sheer luck))

I know all these are rather stupid, but i'm rather proud of the fourth one in the list. I'm currently working on flying around kerbin completely, that is my no.1 goal.

Thanks,

Deskjetser.

Edited by deskjetser

This is MoS. I've got a knack of building the ridiculous-yet-functional in both rocketry and planes. I've got a reliable inter-planetary rocket (IPL VII) that can take me to any planet in the solar system (and it's not laggy on my system either).

Accomplishments thus far:

*Mun and return

*Minmus and return

*Landed on Duna

*Landed on Eve

*Orbited Jool (IPL VI)

*Space Kraken around Jool (attempt for a moon with IPL VII)

*Plane on a plane

*Rocket on a plane

*Circumnavigated (<3 mechjeb as the plane is woefully unstable)

Sldtc.png

This rocket is pretty good for stock. It gets ~83 tons to solar orbit!

ZLNuc.png

Takes about 3:25:00 to circumnavigate (that's 3 hours 25 mins).

I'm messing around with Kethane right now to figure out how it works and then build a well designed Payload Capsule for it.

Edited by Mindofscience3

I'd like to apply although I would like to mainly be a rocket "engineer" using stock parts. I've created a few planes but none that I've been satisfied with. When I create my crafts I too am concerned on aesthetics. I can try to roll out a new rocket once a week (designed from scratch and fully tested) to go through your review and approval process.

Here are a couple of the rockets I've build so far:

1. Smaug 3

2. Manwë 2

I've made it to the Mun, Minmus, Duna and returned home. The only one that I wasn't able to return home was Eve.

Cheers

Only problem I have is using mods, I hate them with a passion when trying to achieve new and impressive feats. Its more of a challenge trying to break barriers with stock parts eh? And you get more self satisfaction when you prevail on big projects.

I agree. I've been trying to squeeze as much out of the stock inventory as I can, but with the fuel consumption fixed I've found that some of my elaborate stock designs are now underpowered or unstable.

I'd like to apply although I would like to mainly be a rocket "engineer" using stock parts. I've created a few planes but none that I've been satisfied with. When I create my crafts I too am concerned on aesthetics. I can try to roll out a new rocket once a week (designed from scratch and fully tested) to go through your review and approval process.

Indeed. I'm writing up the approval process this evening, so hopefully when CO-OPCORP goes live, we can start posting new rockets more or less immediately.

<b>Forgot to mention, but I'll be replying to applications by PM rather than here. I'll try to get back to everyone who expresses interest in joining.</b>

guys i just desined a cev that can dock 16 ships and has djy crewtanks to house any kerrbals. it also has fuel transfer systems and ion drive with kethane refinery so any kethane found can be refined and used as fuel for anyone who wants it!!!!! it also is completely moble so it can travel from planet to planet to planet and back basicly being a shuttle transporting ships and crew. also has the capeibility of being upgraded to suport even more ships crew and fuel makeing it a valued asset just keep in mind the fuel must be restocked and i hope we all can learn to share it and evry once and a while send a cargo ship. :D

<b>Co-op Corp is still recruiting!</b>

We currently have 2 confirmed members, but we're looking to increase our numbers to either 4 or 6. This will allow us to democratically approve craft releases by ensuring an odd number of members vote (the person submitting the craft for approval cannot vote). We are also debating whether to change the name of the group, as well as discussing possible join missions.

If you are interested in joining and you share our love of well-polished, handsome aircraft and rockets, please apply for membership by sending me a PM. I would also prefer it if you could provide an example of your work by including a screenshot of your favourite creation in your message.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.