VRoy's interplanetary travel

Vostre Roy

Last friday was a good day. Finally managed to get into some orbits and even take some picture of it this time. So here s the log of my last week-end travel

Also, take note that I copy/pasted this from another forum on wich I basically explain the move I've done. I'm aware that people can do a better job than me ahaha

Here is KYNG-MK1, my lastest ship. One Kerbal capacity, this ship can go anywhere in the Kerbol system. Its my most stable, most powerful ship to date. This picture was taken just after the liftoff

screenshot1rx.png

Gravity turn

screenshot2yps.png

In orbit, time to aim for another planet!

screenshot3qt.png

This looks like a good orbit match to catch Duna

screenshot4vr.png

Here she is, in its glorious orange and white!

screenshot5ibm.png

Time to try my first planetary landing

screenshot7ac.png

Out of fuel. My fuel linkage need some rethinking. Also, took the wrong fuel tank for my landing engines, so its freefalling time. Poor Jeb, and he's so happy, probably that the thought of being the first Kerbal to die on another planet rejoice him

screenshot8qu.png

The last picture sent, right at the crash site. At least, this gave me a quite epic last shot from that mission.

screenshot9tg.png

Time for KYNG-MK2 to go to another planet. The first to come to the rendezvous point is Jool, so lets set for that distant gaz giant.

On this picture, look at the left corner at the bottom. Seems that one of my booster/engine got lost from last mission and actually LANDED on Duna. Not crashed or orbiting, landed. How the hell is that possible? I'll never know as it disapeared during the mission.

screenshot10l.png

Rendezvous point to Jool is reached, time to get into orbit at 150km from Kerth

screenshot11uy.png

To get there, I need to accelerate madly. It takes a lot of fuel to match Jool's speed and catch it. Nothing impossible though.

screenshot12de.png

Close enough

screenshot13jc.png

Oops, a "little" under it when I am close, gotta pump upward, I'll aim (as I did with Duna) a polar orbit then. Nothing bad, but I'll have no chance to geton Laythe if I do that.

screenshot14hs.png

Getting at Jool at a speed of 7611m/s, thats problematic when it gets to the time to circularise the orbit, takes a ****load of fuel to do that lol... I still have plenty (I believed), seems that my fuel linkage have yet failed me lol, Still, say hello to the green gaz giant!

screenshot15m.png

Finally managed to get a quite circular orbit around Jool. End of the mission, I'm out of fuel. I'm quite happy of the result, now I'm sure that I can go anywhere in Kerbol!

screenshot16z.png

This morning, I went for another launch, this time aiming for Eve. I achieved an orbit on thursday, but didn't had pictures of that feat, and I went short of fuel while in orbit, this time, I took pictures AND I went for a landing try. I'm confident with KYNG-MK3, still need some improvements but its a solid ship.

So, long story short, I go into a clockwise (counter-earth) rotation, match Eve's orbit, blablabla, I'm into an orbit inclined to 150° (not flat, but not a polar one, I'm improving lol). So here is Eve in all her beauty

screenshot19ru.png

Time to try an aerobrake manoeuvre, I'll use the air of the atmosphere to slow my fall down a bit, then I'll use my engine to get into a landing speed. Its also the first time I actually try to land without using MechJeb's landing module.

screenshot21b.png

SLOOOOOWW DOOOOOOOOWN!!!!

screenshot20a.png

I really need to improve my landing skills, but this time, Jeb survived the crash!

screenshot22j.png

Edited by Vostre Roy

My first Kerbal that had layed his foot on Eve, my second to lay a foot somewhere else than Kerth (Siggs being the only other one). Jeb is the ****ing ****.

screenshot23fn.png

And here is Jeb, enjoying a nice weather on Eve, even an epic sunset. And thats it for now, I'm far from being done with that game. Until then, cheers!

screenshot24f.png

screenshot25n.png

screenshot26sw.png

screenshot27b.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.