Visual Mods only, how it affects savegame?

Hi Guys,

So my question is after they finally fixed the tutorial and i got to finish at least those until docking, i started a modded version. But only visual mods nothing on extra parts (i dont know if maybe Restock+ does anything which might differ other than visual overhaul) so my question would be, if i can still copy back the save game and ships folder (i progressed further in modded than in vanilla and created some good ships) back to standard Steam route and location and vanilla will still load the ships and saves?

Just to clarify, IF there is some kind of update still for KSP 1 before KSP 2 comes out, i still would want to transfer my saves and ships from the modded version back to vanilla, and then continue, wait a little bit if the mods will be adjusted to the new patch, and then copy back the progressed vanilla saves and ships back to the modded folders (I've copied KSP from Steam to another place, meaning i have a modded version to play, and the vanilla one which starts via steam) Hence my original question if i could copy back a purely visual modded save and ships back to vanilla which would still work with the steam version
(Edit: I've removed Restock+ as it said it has extra parts, only kept regular Restock which should be only visual overhaul for parts, and no effect on gameplay)

Edited by chubwheel

Pure visual mods like Scatterer, EVE and a visuals pack should be safe.

Restock changes the dimensions of a few parts. Loading a craft with these parts in an unmodded KSP would work but look a bit weird.

Anything that uses Kopernicus could possibly alter the terrain (although just changing terrain quality in stock KSP will do that, too). Loading a save file with landed vessels could place them below or above the surface.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.