Experiencing a rendering bug with either Kopernicus or RSS. The Sun is visible through gas giants, and they are unnaturally bright.

I'm getting some very strange visual bugs with the gas giants in my install of RSS. It's just the latest version of RSS, 8192x4096 textures, and dependencies as installed by CKAN on a brand new install of KSP 1.12.4. I was trying to get a feel for the performance impact of RSS on its own, so I didn't install RO or any visual enhancements like EVE or scatterer.

All the gas giants are extremely bright near their sub solar points, even Neptune at its huge distance from the sun. It gets worse and worse the closer you get to them, to the point where in low orbits the entire visible portion of the planet below you is completely washed out white. Worse than that, the sun is visible through the gas giants in medium to high orbits. The screenshots below use Jupiter as an example.

Spoiler

mIh1P7l.png

K2UkI2H.png

ae02lUq.png

I can't find any indication that either I or CKAN have made a mistake installing the mods, but I also can't find any trace of this problem whatsoever anywhere else on the internet despite my best effort to search. So I'm assuming I've done something wrong here. Help would be greatly appreciated! Here is a dropbox link including logs, screenshots of my gamedata folder and my CKAN mod list, as well as the same screenshots posted above: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/ojabqwg7zq4v0pqa9d39k/h?dl=0&rlkey=oims3m0htjz8qm53hnmtgno1o

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.