Build a starship. [For Karfleet officers only]

Does anyone read what I said?

If this many people misinterpret what you wrote, maybe the problem is that it wasn't written very clearly :) Anyway, I see its made clear now in the OP so all is well!!

Might have a stab at it later though not entirely sure how to make something saucer-like.

Does anyone read what I said?

Starship for karfleet officers= starfleet

Starfleet= star trek

= no DW, RD, Or any of the others.

I have the tardis too. :)

well going by that reaction i will say this when Star Trec came out BBC then made Doctor Who to try to match it, so by using tardis, i was doing british Star Trec

well going by that reaction i will say this when Star Trec came out BBC then made Doctor Who to try to match it, so by using tardis, i was doing british Star Trec

Star Trek (original series) 1966 - 1969

Dr Who (original series) 1963 - 1989

But the TARDIS does have a chameleon circuit, so it could look like a constitution class if it wanted to.

I am currently building a ship for this challenge but have hit two problems. Firstly ill show you my progress so far:

25gcdw9.png

This is the current build status of the ship.

rszytc.png

Another front shot of it in the VAB

kdo2zb.png

This would be the underside of the ship, which when completed would be covered with the white panels so you wouldnt be able to see the reactors or the internal construction.

The main problem is due to the size and amount of parts needed for completion it has become quite a memory and cpu drain for the game to handle, its currently on 400 parts and its about 40% finished.

The other problem is due to the centre of mass when it goes to the launch tower it isnt very stable and is prone to snapping apart. (i know editing the config file to put it in orbit or using the debug menu would stop this but i dont play this game like that as i feel it takes the fun away)

So i feel i wont be able to carry on with this build but may have to make it on a smaller scale next time, but hope it can give you guys some inspiration for your own designs :D

Ok so, its far from an exact lookalike but it does sort of look like the defiant right? Cmon, you gotta give me that :)

8057511082_e2fb80342b_z.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/9h9v24t (for multiple angles)

Sadly it more or less ends here for me. The whole thing is made of fuel and engines so Im fairly certain it could do 2 planet hops (vacuum: something like 17-18 minutes of full throttle burn, delta V slightly over 10k according to engineer mod). However my computer is way too slow to handle a model with this many parts when any kind of propper piloting is required.

Edited by sloth

Good Design, i like it!

If you look at mine on the earlier page i have the same issue with the size and the lag it causes, but for your ship why dont you use the electricity plugin and add ion engines that way fuel isnt really and issue.

Edited by StrangeyD
spelling

I am currently building a ship for this challenge but have hit two problems. Firstly ill show you my progress so far:

25gcdw9.png

This is the current build status of the ship.

rszytc.png

Another front shot of it in the VAB

kdo2zb.png

This would be the underside of the ship, which when completed would be covered with the white panels so you wouldnt be able to see the reactors or the internal construction.

The main problem is due to the size and amount of parts needed for completion it has become quite a memory and cpu drain for the game to handle, its currently on 400 parts and its about 40% finished.

The other problem is due to the centre of mass when it goes to the launch tower it isnt very stable and is prone to snapping apart. (i know editing the config file to put it in orbit or using the debug menu would stop this but i dont play this game like that as i feel it takes the fun away)

So i feel i wont be able to carry on with this build but may have to make it on a smaller scale next time, but hope it can give you guys some inspiration for your own designs :D

Im currently working on a smaller and hopefully less laggy version to try to complete this challenge, hopefully i have found a few ways to cut down on the amount of parts needed but still need to figure out a way to get to orbit :D

Good Design, i like it!

If you look at mine on the earlier page i have the same issue with the size and the lag it causes, but for your ship why dont you use the electricity plugin and add ion engines that way fuel isnt really and issue.

Ive never messed with that mod, perhaps its time I do :)

I really like the Ion engines and the ability to recharge while in space, which i believe all starships would have. I think your design could then be lightened and perhaps less laggy for more controlled flight.

'eh, I got it into orbit.

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/gIvu3/embed"></iframe>

Here's the file if anyone wants to mess with it: [ATTACH]34371[/ATTACH]

Edit_1: Stock, btw

Edited by iplop

First post on the forum, Even tough i've been lurking for a while now. I've just finished my Evangelion, JSSDF NERV VTOL (will be posting it as soon as i upload the pics) and got excited about this project, i'll be doing a scalled down version of Voyager, since is my favorite series of star trek and looks more "aerodinamical and sturdy" than the enterprise. Stay put!

Work is going on smoothly on my voyager two hours on editor so far, 95% structure complete, 70% outter hull, 30% "internals". Here's a peek:

BnjZW.jpg

And a little manufacture secret has been leaked from our factory, this Intreprit class vessel will have sauce separation with two bridges :3

Edited by sephirotic

First post on the forum, Even tough i've been lurking for a while now. I've just finished my Evangelion, JSSDF NERV VTOL (will be posting it as soon as i upload the pics) and got excited about this project, i'll be doing a scalled down version of Voyager, since is my favorite series of star trek and looks more "aerodinamical and sturdy" than the enterprise. Stay put!

Work is going on smoothly on my voyager two hours on editor so far, 95% structure complete, 70% outter hull, 30% "internals". Here's a peek:

BnjZW.jpg

And a little manufacture secret has been leaked from our factory, this Intreprit class vessel will have sauce separation with two bridges :3

Fair play thats amazing great job!! voyager was always one of my favourites too, cant wait to see the finished design! 10/10 for creativity

• 3 years later...