[0.17] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau

Normak

Borish Borklund? Now there's a word I have not seen for a long time, lets keep this thread free of olde worlde insults shall we? :)

I shan't (see what I did there) name call, I'm sorry.

no those are never coming. Kerbal world is slightly smaller than human world. thus everything they have is smaller. live with it or go play orbiter.

Alright, fair enough.

I can understand wanting to have it fit stock parts, but now there's a disconnect. The KVTK and the VA are real life sized, but the Angara is not. As far as I can make out it's 2.9m in diameter. There are also no payload fairings, and this combined with the small rocket leads to some game-breaking wobble.

Payload farings will be included in Angara Pack B when Cardboard returns from working on ORDA. The farings are actually already made; they're enlarged versions of KW's PLF system. However, I've noticed a tendency for those parts to come loose during launch and explode, so this will be fixed when Pack B releases. The farings are slightly larger than 3m, so they fit snugly over a KVTK fuel tank, and attach to the 2.5m upper stage.

it has all been scaled to fit stock parts. Don't like it don't use it. 1m parts are stuff that squad never should have left in the game to begin with. I will not make 1 meter parts.

Now when you said it - it actually makes sense - the scaling makes sense and space station parts fits the rockets, but new parts now somewhat incompatible with other mods and stock parts... I know you are already pissed about all the whining, but would it be possible release old scale parts as bonus pack or smth?

The nuclear engine doesn't work properly for me. Firstly, I noticed that the engine flame animation runs when I go to put it on a vehicle in the VAB and Secondly, when I go to launch it doesn't engage the engine. Plus it lets me stage again and again and again, even though it is a single stage.

Help?

Now when you said it - it actually makes sense - the scaling makes sense and space station parts fits the rockets, but new parts now somewhat incompatible with other mods and stock parts... I know you are already pissed about all the whining, but would it be possible release old scale parts as bonus pack or smth?

Nope.avi do it yourself if you don't like it.

The nuclear engine doesn't work properly for me. Firstly, I noticed that the engine flame animation runs when I go to put it on a vehicle in the VAB and Secondly, when I go to launch it doesn't engage the engine. Plus it lets me stage again and again and again, even though it is a single stage.

Help?

You need to put the plugins in the right place.

And let me just say this.

All we did was resize it all by a multiplier of two. Any suggestions concerning the progression of minging and whining about size or scale or anything not related to bugs or compliments will be ignored. Things are not being rescaled again and I am not changing the size of anything. so don't even post about it. Please. Thank you.

Ok I did not notice that in the package are the strut connectors. Sorry for the problems ...

P.S. I'm waiting for the new MIR parts

:DI am sure many are. those will be a while :/ sorry.

Edited by CardBoardBoxProcessor

1st : you should ALWASY use 3 to 4 strut connectors to attach engines to tanks more rigidly. otherwise the games weak joints cause this to happen

So setting

breakingForce

breakingTorque

has no real effect on how engines or adapter plates (e.g. 3m adapter to have 2 x 1 m parts) behave in game; regarding their "Slipperiness"? I can't count how many times my engines or adapter plates have slid across the bottom of their tanks...

So setting

breakingForce

breakingTorque

has no real effect on how engines or adapter plates (e.g. 3m adapter to have 2 x 1 m parts) behave in game; regarding their "Slipperiness"? I can't count how many times my engines or adapter plates have slid across the bottom of their tanks...

Nope you need to use Struts. Not even that many I always add four but 2 or 3 should do the job.

Thank you very much for this great addon and your effort for keeping this up-to-date!

However... :blush:

I have 2 problems (bugs?) with the Kosmos VA parts:

1. <strike>The decoupler doesn't work and is shown as a strut in staging.</strike> How do I decouple the capsule from the service module?
  2. Two of the four retro motors keep firing (animation and sound) after their fuel is spent. This actually happend in earlier releases, too.

I'm using the Plugins supplied with Kosmos VA (fixed some issues in the VAB described earlier).

Edited by telephono

Finally, my favorite pack has been released! :D This was definitely worth the wait. Great work, Cardboard and Normak! The new engines are beautiful, and I couldn't have asked for more. Once I get home from school, I'm definitely going to modify my rocket with these parts.

I don't really have any complaints, except that I have the same problem that telephono has. Whenever I fire the VA Retro Motors, two of the four motors keep on firing after the fuel is spent, but it's just showing the sound and animation. This isn't really that big of a deal, so it doesn't bother me too much.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the rest of your pack! Especially those cool decouplers and engine fairings in the v0.15 version. :)

I can't seem to get the small LK tanks to group correctly; they don't attach when using 4x symmetry. I can attach them one at a time, but symmetry seems to cause it to think there's a collision or something.

EDIT: I encounter the same problem with the large LK tanks.

I think it might be a node issue, but I'm not sure. It happens when there's no chance for collision with anything but the center tank of the cluster, so I don't know what else it could be.

Edited by semininja

I can't seem to get the small LK tanks to group correctly; they don't attach when using 4x symmetry. I can attach them one at a time, but symmetry seems to cause it to think there's a collision or something.

EDIT: I encounter the same problem with the large LK tanks.

I think it might be a node issue, but I'm not sure. It happens when there's no chance for collision with anything but the center tank of the cluster, so I don't know what else it could be.

if you block off one of the things with the RCS tank you cna usually get it. I have plans on making a core model which would make it easier to make craft once I get it @_@ no idea once it does that stuff.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.