Planet Targeting is being blocked by Moon/Craft When Attempting from a Zoomed Out Position

PoppersRHere

If I'm at Kerbin and want to go to Duna, only Ike is available to set as a target in the map view. What I end up having to do is focus on Ike, set Duna as the target, then focus on the Mun or Minmus - whichever one it lets me pick, then I have to zoom way in to be able to focus my view on kerbin again. This was easy to get around in KSP1 by pressing the ` key, or whatever else you bound it to.

Edited by Anth12

To reproduce:

1.  Right-click on a planet with a satellite in map view
  • Expected: Context menu for the planet pops up
  • Observed (often): Context menu for its satellite pops up
  1. When on an interplanetary trajectory that encounters a body, click on the orbit on the approach side of the body and select "Warp to point"
    • Expected: Craft warps to target
    • Observed (often): Craft warps to target on next orbit, shooting past the planet

Suggested behavior:

• The mouse should prioritize the main body over the satellites when their click boxes overlap
  • The mouse should prioritize the current orbit over following ones when they are close together

• 3 months later...

Reported Version: v0.1.3 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3 3.40Ghz | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX1050Ti 4GB | RAM16GB

Hi,

I was trying to make a transfer to Duna, but when I selected Duna in map, the vessels that were in that planet were prohibiting me to do so, since the cursor was selecting the vessel and not the planet.

I suppose this is a bug and not a feature. I send an image and a video about it.

The only roundabout to this is by firstly clicking the vessel and zooming in really close and then selecting Duna.

I hope this gets fixed in the future and bye.

(The first 2 seconds of the video are black)

Included Attachments:

Capturadepantalla2023-06-26204431.png.c8e92d5d84e557f215d05a26a2f1c43f.png

KerbalSpaceProgram2MapBug.mp4

Edited by Inpatol