The Space Exploration Discussion Thread/The Rocket Launch Megathread

mustwinfull

And apparently successful, all objects confirmed in orbit, including Estonia's first satellite.

Well, don't forget also that the Estonia cubesat (ESTCube-1) is the first satellite who testing the concept of the E-sail.

Anyway, it was a nice launch. Vega second launch was also a success! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out I actually missed it myself, I was pretty busy.

Anyway, I really need to get this thread updated again, so:

Next Launch:

3rd June 2013

09:18 UST

Proton-M/Briz-M | SES-6

Baikonur Site 200/39

International Launch Services

We have a couple of conferences on tommorow with NASA for various different things, so make sure you don't miss them out.

Thursday, May 30 at 14:30 (18:30 UST). EDT: NASA Teleconference to Discuss Curiosity Radiation Findings

NASA will host a media teleconference at 14:30. EDT Thursday, May 30, to present new findings from the Mars Science Laboratory Radiation Assessment Detector (RAD) aboard the rover Curiosity.

The journal Science has embargoed details until 2 p.m. May 30.

Thurs, May 30: Asteroid 1998 QE2 Flyby UStream Broadcast and Q&A from JPL, 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. EDT #asteroidQE2

Can't believe that it'll be almost a year since Curiosity landed on Mars. Will try to tune in to hear the updates from that team :)

I remember waking up at 5:00 AM to watch the livestream, it was good. :)

Anyway, it turns out NASA have a few more events coming up as well, so here they are:

NASA Chat: Asteroid 1998 QE2 to Sail Past Earth

On May 30 from 8-10 p.m. EDT, join Dr. Bill Cooke of the Marshall Space Flight Center Meteoroid Environment Office as he takes your questions about QE2 via live Web chat.

Fri., May 31: White House "We the Geeks" Google+ Hangout, Topic: Asteroids, 2 p.m. EDT

NASA Deputy Administrator Lori Garver will participate in a White House "We the Geeks" Google+ Hangout. Participants will discuss asteroid identification, characterization, resource utilization, and hazard mitigation.

Tuesday, June 4: NASA Hosts Media Briefing on Next Solar Mission Launch, 1 p.m. EDT, NASA TV

NASA will host a news briefing at 1 p.m. EDT, Tuesday, June 4, about the upcoming launch of the Interface Region Imaging Spectrograph (IRIS) mission. The briefing will be held at NASA Headquarters at 300 E St. SW in Washington and air live on NASA Television and the agency's website.

IRIS is scheduled to launch June 26 from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California.

Next launch is a Russian 'Persona' optical reconnaissance sat tomorrow, but we've a fat chance of seeing anything of that. After that is the next chinese crewed launch, Shenzhou 10. It's planned for either the 9th or the 11th (probably depending on weather), and will be last launch to Tiangong-1. Rocket is already on the pad.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.