Corrupted save - Empty Load Vehicle - VESSEL UNAVAILLABLE - This save file requires more ressources than availlable in current VAB.

FuelX

• KSP Version : 0.1.0.0.20892
  • Operating System and version Windows 11
  • CPU and GPU models: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X, Asus RTX 3070 Ti
  • Description of the bug.  
    • I was building a plane and at some point in the built all my vehicle workspaces disappeared. Then I reloaded the save and the problem was still there. I had to take an old save, import the broken vehicle, find the corrupted part, remove it and save the workspace again. Saving the game with the broken vehicle would also corrupt that save. 
  • Steps to Replicate : I am unsure if I can replicate. I will try.
  • Fixes / Workarounds (if known..) : I had to  restart with an old save and find out the corrupted part.
  • A list of ALL mods : No mods
  • Other Notes / Screenshots / Log Files (if possible..)

Here is the first effect of the bug, all my workspaces disappeared when pressing Load Vehicle:

0cUTH7K.png

Then I restarted the game. All my saves that had this plane in the VAB at least once now display the VESSEL UNAVAILLABLE label:

AUqJXpU.png

Loading a game with VESSEL UNAVAILLABLE would display the same previous effect and it was also impossible to load a save without restarting the game:

ihNUNMT.png

And this is an error message when loading a corrupted vehicle workspace from a clean save:

HJBDmb3.png

I tried to remove the parts one by one from the corrupted model and found out this BZ-52 was the culprit :

25Bss6d.png

I removed it and could "uncorrupt" the vehicle save and load it from a save without the VESSEL UNAVAILLABLE message.

If this would be helpful, I kept the buggy saves. So I can send log files and vehicle workspace / game save.

Thanks, 

Felix

I had a very similar thing happen, except it happened after I reverted a craft I made back to the VAB from the launchpad. After reverting, I could not launch my craft, save it, or load any workspaces I had made (only stock ones could be loaded) because they were all seemingly gone.

j7DUUP4.png

NeDo4tp.png

I then decided to save my game file, exit KSP2, & come back. I found that I could not overwrite the save file I was in because it was NOT THERE as an option to do so. Instead, only one save file was there to overwrite, & it was named Vessel Unavailable:

8JCt4r1.png

The current game save I was in was called "main save", so I decided to try saving as "main save 2" & exit KSP2 & come back. I did that, came back. "main save 2" was not there at all, but "main save" was. However, it had a subtitle that said "vessel unavailable". So did all of my other saves, which were autosaves:

PWetKVx.png

I could load into all these saves except "autosave_1" for some reason, which just resulted in me being stuck on the main menu screen like this without any GUI options to choose from (this was a repeatable issue):

NvGUPo5.png

All the other saves, once I loaded into them had the same result. Only stock workspaces were there, none of the ones I had created since Early Access launch a few days ago. I have not tried to dig any further than this.

My specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-7820X @ 3.60GHz, 8 cores
RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: 8GB VRAM, AMD Radeon RX 6600 (XFX Speedster SWFT210)
GPU driver: 23.2.2

I had this happen to me as well. But wasn't patient enough to try and find the offending part. If anyone else is, it would be very good to have before and after save files so that the save data for the part can (hopefully) be found in the JSON, since there could be some data corrupted in the save file that would help the dev team.

Edited by TechDragon

I spent some more time in the save file from my post two days ago in this thread & found a solution (well, more of a workaround than a solution):

Issue: My save would open up in the VAB, probably because that's where I had saved it last (I don't remember at this point). Immediately upon the save opening in the VAB it loaded with the workspace I had made that caused the bug. I tried taking away each part one by one, saving the workspace as a new name (which could not be loaded even when I supposedly saved it. Only the stock workspaces were available to load), & exiting to the KSC to save my save file as a new save. When I went back to the main menu, the save I had just created was not there. Attempting to load the save with this "corrupted" craft now ended in me being stuck on the main menu screen without the UI to select anything. I did this for every part of my "corrupted" craft, force-quitting KSP2 using the Task Manager every time I got stuck on the main menu screen. None of these attempts worked

I also tried just trashing the entire craft itself, exiting the VAB & then doing the rest of the same like I described. This didn't work either. Also, I could load the stock workspaces but could not launch them.

Solution: I already had a craft in orbit. After loading my save file again, exiting the VAB without saving (I went back to check if I could load any workspaces, & only the stock ones were there as options to load), I went to the tracking station & took control of my craft in orbit. I then went back to the KSC, and then back to the VAB. I could now load any of the workspaces I had worked on previously! NOTE: Going straight to the VAB from taking control of my craft in orbit did not bring my workspaces back. Only going from my craft in orbit, to the KSC, and then to the VAB worked. I tried duplicating this more than once and I was able to every time when taking the steps I just mentioned.

KSP2 version: 0.1.0.0.20892
CPU: Intel Core i7-7820X @ 3.60GHz, 8 cores
RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: 8GB VRAM, AMD Radeon RX 6600 (XFX Speedster SWFT210)
GPU driver: 23.2.2

Edited by KerbalBK
To emphasize that this is more of a workaround than a true solution to the underlying bug.