when ship is loaded in orbit it is sent immediately on a downwards trajectory towards the body it is orbiting.

Raidriar01

This bug pretty much makes the game unplayable, if I load any quick save of any craft being in orbit, or even switch to a craft that is in orbit, it will change the orbit to a straight down trajectory and I eventually crash into the surface of the planet. Thanks a lot KSP2, I'm going back to ksp 1 since its wayyy better even without mods in terms of gameplay experience. I truly hope you guys can fix this stuff.

I had the same problem, and yes it's really makes the game unplayable. I was building a space staion, so I launched a hub first, which has no engine at all. But when I control the second part to dock with it, the hub just suddenly change to a crash orbit. I'm pretty sure the orbit is high enough, the PE is 69160m, away from the atmosphere. I upload two screenshots, one is before the change of the orbit, the other is after.

AOmhqGW.jpg

RPYVpJ8.jpg

I've had the same issue when getting out of timewarp. It sinks my periapsis by about 45km and sometimes more. It's combined with the issue that when close to the Mun (only body I went exploring so far) the periapsis decays slowly, which force me to timewarp to hold the orbit stable.

So it's a vicious circle, periapsis decays while apoapsis goes up, you timewarp and when getting out it you've made the situation worse

@Devs, I've got video recording of the issue if you want:

https://we.tl/t-mwXxLrvgF7

How they released this game without BASIC mechanics locked down and working is beyond me. You have to be able to rely on the mechanics working properly when you build a mission, because what's the point if something random and unaccounted for just ruins everything~

On 2/27/2023 at 6:37 AM, Apop85 said:

i don't think it has anything to do with eva, it normally happens to me when i stop a burn, or when i get out of a timewarp at any speed.

But i was able to land 2 of the 4 vessels i took there before this bug started to appear

On 2/27/2023 at 6:46 AM, Macenzie said:

How they released this game without BASIC mechanics locked down and working is beyond me. You have to be able to rely on the mechanics working properly when you build a mission, because what's the point if something random and unaccounted for just ruins everything~

Yeah, it's so stupid. I'm guessing take2 has something to do with it tho