Lost all vehicle saves

flyinlow

I  built a rocket it and got it to orbit around Mun, so the game was working ok for me.

I built a second rocket (to go rescue Valentina who is unfortunately stuck in Mun orbit with not enough fuel to do anything else). When I clicked the "Launch" button for that second rocket, the game showed the static image before getting to the launchpad view and locked up. I had to kill the app.

Now I don't see any of my saved vehicles when I tried to load them in the VAB. I do see the stock vehicles that are available to load.

This started for me a few hours ago as well.
Going to copy and paste the same info from my steam post.

Saved Crafts disappeared.

I was playing some today and my saved crafts disappeared after a soft lock caused me to have to alt-f4 out of the game.

When I loaded back into the game all of my saved vessels are gone. I wasn't too stressed about it, but when I tried to save a new craft it would act like it would save. However it still does not show up in the saved ships screen.

So I really am not sure what to do.

I verified the game files and the saved ships are still missing.

Maybe unrelated: When I load the quick save for the campaign and back out to the main menu. When loading a separate save game the game soft locks.

Checking the game save location all vessels saved up until the issue started happening appear there.
Also unable to save the game in general. Acts like it will save and then all saves made do not show up if they were made after the issue started.

Aswell as anytime the game goes into a loading screen post loading the autosave the game soft locks.
Reinstalled the game and the issue is still present.

Tried starting a new campaign as maybe the save was corrupted.
When attempting to start a new campaign the start campaign button does nothing.

I lost all my vehicle saves as well, without any kind of soft lock though.

I was trying to launch multiple rockets and dock them in orbit:

• built the first rocket, launched it from the VAB and returned to KSC
  • launched the same type of rocket again, this time from the launchpad menu, returned to KSC
  • built the second type of rocket, saved, tried to put it on the launchpad

Now here it started to go wrong: two of the four boosters were missing. When I reverted to VAB, the vehicle was in some intermediate state, not the state that was put on the launchpad and certainly nowhere near the state it was in when I hit the save button.
When I tried to reload the craft, all the saves were gone. Reloading the game didn't help. Surprisingly they reappeared, when I reverted to an older autosave :huh:

Why would the vehicle saves be related to different career saves within the same career!? :/

Edited by Chrishna

25 minutes ago, Chrishna said:

When I tried to reload the craft, all the saves were gone. Reloading the game didn't help. Surprisingly they reappeared, when I reverted to an older autosave :huh:

Why would the vehicle saves be related to different career saves within the same career!? :/

I just realised that when the game enters the state described above, the career saves are no longer displayed as well. The only way to load saves from that career is doing so via the main menu.

I get the feeling that the game creates savefiles which are no longer related to the career they are saved in?

I know that bumping topics is frowned upon, but are there any news on this? Or some nifty workaround?

Because from all the bugs I've encountered, this is the one that made me stop playing the game. I can deal with randomly detaching parts and exploding decouplers, but having to deal with unreliable game- and vehicle-save mechanics is just too much of a pain in the cheeks. :mad:

I'm having this glitch too. I will make a craft, then save it, fly it around, then recover. Of course, when you recover, it sends you back to the KSC menu/building select thingy. When you click on the VAB, it will be clear of crafts (same as KSP 1). The only change is all of your saved crafts are gone. You can't load them, you can't launch them straight from the launchpad menu. The weird thing is, you can overwrite the lost vessels. If you go to save a new craft, sometimes it will give you a list of crafts you can overwrite, complete with a craft image , craft name and workspace name. But, you can't load them from that screen. The crafts aren't deleted (at least in my version of the bug), but they're inaccessible via normal means.

Also, if you launch a craft, then revert to VAB, your craft will still be there, but the launch button is unreliable. It sometimes takes close to 100 clicks to get it to work. This glitch seems to be random, except that it only occurs after reverting. Weird.

I'll check my save info to see if my crafts still "exist", and I'll post with an update later.

Okay, i've checked and all of my crafts (and hopefully all of yours) exist.

It's just fairly complicated to find them. Really sorry if your on MacOS, but I only have a (semi) solution for Windows users.

First, you will want to quit KSP 2 for safety. You don't have to, but I would recommend it.

So, go down to you Windows search bar and type in this: %appdata%

Click on Open Folder.

It will open a hidden folder in File Explorer. 

Your path will say this:

[INSERT USERNAME] > AppData > Roaming

Click on "AppData"

Now, click on "Intercept Games"

Next, click on "Kerbal Space Program 2"

Then, "Saves"

Then, "Single Player"

Then, click on you campaign name, for example, "Autostrut Aerospace"

Then, click on "Workspaces".

Then, find the craft you're looking for within that folder. There should be three different versions of the craft, all with different file extensions.

Open the one with the ".json" extension.

Open it in Notepad.

Then, you can select the text, and copy it with "ctrl + C"

Reopen KSP 2, and enter the VAB.

Once in the VAB, you can paste the craft in with "ctrl + V"

There's your long lost craft! Enjoy!

(This will insert the entire workspace.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for trying my fix. I hope all works smoothly on your end.

Thanks!