Have the Kerbals save replays of crashes throughout your game!

It would be such a fun little feature. It could happen randomly when you crash or after some calculated value. The game will secretly record the past like 5-10 seconds and save it. After a year or so in game the player gets a prompt saying "The annual failure report is in". If the player clicks on the prompt, they're taken to a fun presentation in front of a bunch of kerbals. The presentation is just a bunch of your "highlights" throughout the year ;) 

I guess this could also be done with accomplishments as well. It would be a neat feature to think about. Plus, playing into the kerbal personas is something KSP2 should do in my opinion. 

Thank you for your time!

I second this sort of feature (which could all be lumped into a category that can be toggled in settings with one click, for those who like their simulator without the silliness). This is definitely a long-future, probably past 1.0 feature, but these kinds of things would be really fun and could be exported as shareable videos.

I'd be down with a vertical split screen: one side shows the crash, the other side shows the Kerbal audience who has great reactions to the crashes, including a cheer for a successful landing or something.

Maybe it could be a tab in the training center titled "Debriefs" or something, and you can click in and it will have a few autogenerated ones...an achievements debrief, a crashes debrief, and maybe other tools for sharing recorded footage, with features accumulating to make it the social media menu, with maybe even a clip editor to add filters and effects (add a retro film countdown to some grain-ified moon landing footage)...a not-real-time video-editor analog to the common photo modes. At the very least, modes like this makes people's shared content into better autoadvertizement for late-stage sales, which is probably why these modes are so ubiquitous.

Yeah this idea spiralled out from a small feature into a long-term major feature suite. I don't even use photo modes, I just know the community would love this. Or I may be wrong, and all these features are a waste of time to integrate, since video editor already exist.

Why not save all inputs and random events? It’d let you do complete analysis on everything, and would also let people play their mission with a “full” UI and high performance/low-rez graphics settings, then “replay” it with a “cinematic” (or no) UI, free camera control, and ultra/high-rez graphics settings.

That could be a setting (that would probably slow things down a bunch and make enormous save files). But it sounds like a feature that would 90% be for streamers and would only be for people with the best computers. Would be cool but hard to imagine it'd be prioritized. Short recorded nuggets would be ideal and the most appealing for a broad audience.

8 hours ago, zeekzeek22 said:

That could be a setting (that would probably slow things down a bunch and make enormous save files). But it sounds like a feature that would 90% be for streamers and would only be for people with the best computers. Would be cool but hard to imagine it'd be prioritized. Short recorded nuggets would be ideal and the most appealing for a broad audience.

You’re correct, but unless you’re literally just talking about saving video (which can eat up a lot of space), it’s essentially the same mechanism as what I’m describing… the only two differences are how much gets logged and the decoupling of the playback from the current graphics settings.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.