[0.17] I visit all planets and moons

MOhon

Well, I think I visit all planets and moons.

This is my legacy:

rPYe8l.png

Planet 1: Moho

K7jHyl.png

Planet 2: Eve

5FxPtl.png

Eve moon: Gilly

Sxhval.png

Planet 3: Kerbin (our planet)

REDpZl.jpg

Kerbin moon 1: Mun

ZN43Fl.jpg

Kerbin moon 2: Minmus

YlqEsl.png

Planet 4: Duna

MmTnAl.jpg

Duna moon: Ike

GEMYEl.jpg

Planet 5: Jool (seen from space)

YzY5ml.png

Jool moon 1: Laythe

QVtjJl.png

Jool moon 2: Vall

RKmXFl.jpg

Jool moon 3: Tylo

AWK5Vl.jpg

Jool moon 4: Bop

http://mohon.imgur.com/

Edited by MOhon

very nice, im currently working on finding all anomalies ;)

@Cthulufaic: I think mechjeb makes the game much more accessible, I use it all the time.

without mechjeb i'd need to send several crafts to each planet to locate all anomalies, this way i send one which has 6 rovers for exploring moons and planets :)

Congrats! Now try doing it WITHOUT MechJeb. I think MechJeb really just makes this game a rocket-contruction simulator.
If I was ever going into space - Id make damn sure I had a computer doing calculations >.> But that's just me (I spent around 5 hours trying to land on Duna without it lol...)

Congrats! Now try doing it WITHOUT MechJeb. I think MechJeb really just makes this game a rocket-contruction simulator.
Yes, I used MechJeb, but only as a tool for guidance, maintain paths, etc... as does the ASAS. MechJeb provides data that are already there but they are hard to calculate. To land always do myself.

Furthermore, in missions to moons and asteroids are going directly without MechJeb, only with ASAs.

Also, I'm considering a new design of ships that carry only stock parts to travel to the planets. I called "Taurus". By now I've gotten Kerbin orbit at 300km, reaching orbit Duna and Duna orbit at 300km, but I need just a bit of precision approach, and that is why I have not uploaded any photos belonging to the Taurus mission.

Ciao!!

very nice, im currently working on finding all anomalies ;)

@Cthulufaic: I think mechjeb makes the game much more accessible, I use it all the time.

without mechjeb i'd need to send several crafts to each planet to locate all anomalies, this way i send one which has 6 rovers for exploring moons and planets :)

I wish you luck and you find them all!!

If you need help, I think I can help you if you want.

Ciao!!

If I was ever going into space - Id make damn sure I had a computer doing calculations >.> But that's just me (I spent around 5 hours trying to land on Duna without it lol...)
Well, It really shouldn't be that hard!

I'm sure you can get it if you try to reach Duna orbit when the phase between your theoretical Apoapsis and Duna orbit is approximately -135 °.

See photo:

5Cc4Bl.png

When you scape Kerbin gravity, you can circularize your orbit. Warp time to phase between your theoretical Apoapsis and Duna orbit is approximately -135 °, and engage motors to reach Duna orbit. with some luck, you get your orbit will be captured by the gravity of Dune. If not, try with more or less degrees of difference, as needed.

Wow congrats! I've only been able to tame Kerbin, the Mun and a lucky encounter with Eve (but when I tried to EVA my kerbals were killed due to glitchy terrain)
You left the ship when you were still a lot of height?

Did you fall on the sea?

Well, I have the theory that to fall on Eve ice sea must be done at very low speed, if not certainly explode. :)

Ciao!!

I have the strategy planned out for a Duna landing, confirmed with a bit of assistance from MOhon's orbital diagram up there. So far, I have the ability to get to Mun, Minmus, and back from each with relative ease. The last time I tried to even get to Duna though, I got nowhere and decided to abort the mission after 3000 in-game days :P

Hopefully this time I'll have better luck :D

You left the ship when you were still a lot of height?

Did you fall on the sea?

Well, I have the theory that to fall on Eve ice sea must be done at very low speed, if not certainly explode. :)

Ciao!!

No I was landed on some solid purple bumpy terrain with the lander then when I EVA and climb down the ladder the Kerbal fell halfway into the ground and I try to get out and poof he dies. Happened with all 3 of the crew.

I have the strategy planned out for a Duna landing, confirmed with a bit of assistance from MOhon's orbital diagram up there. So far, I have the ability to get to Mun, Minmus, and back from each with relative ease. The last time I tried to even get to Duna though, I got nowhere and decided to abort the mission after 3000 in-game days :P

Hopefully this time I'll have better luck :D

I hope it!!

Ciao!!

No I was landed on some solid purple bumpy terrain with the lander then when I EVA and climb down the ladder the Kerbal fell halfway into the ground and I try to get out and poof he dies. Happened with all 3 of the crew.
mmm... Well, you have persistent.cfg archive?

MOhon, what are those small thrusters you have at the bottom of your ships ? I don't remember seeing them anywhere before.

^ This.

Also, landing on a planet or moon isn't so hard... coming back, thats the tricky part. Personally I try not to leave any Kerbals stranded unless they've got a rover.

What's wrong with using it to keep you on retrograde instead of doing it manually? If you can do it normally it's just a time saver.

Besides, it's not like IRL missions are done fully manually.

MOhon, what are those small thrusters you have at the bottom of your ships ? I don't remember seeing them anywhere before.
Those thrusters are Durgun Capsule Engine "Mini Micro Kerlin Liquid Engine".

Search in forum and you can find it! :)

Never once used mech-jeb :P and also, great job :D I succesfully completed my mission on landing on everything about 2 weeks ago :)
Well, is possible. I myself have all landed moons without MechJeb. Still, I don't like the feeling of descocontrol both flight and handling without him, and not knowing critical data as the actual height or initial weight of the ship, and other data.

In reality, the astronauts always have all the information at hand, computers do millions of calculations, etc.. If you tell them they have to make a flight with only a few stabilizers and four not entirely reliable indicators ... :) :) :)

How in the HELL did you land safely on Moho?!

Every attempt I've sent there, even tiny probes, have burst into flames before reaching the surface!

I do this lands with cool motors. Durgun capsule engine "Mini Micro Kerlin Liquid Engine" is the best.

But it seems to other engines with lower temperature resistance is much more difficult. I have to try, I'll tell you!!

Ciao!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.