Afterburner Mode for J-404 Panther Not Working

GMorPC

• KSP Version  0.1.1.0.21572
  • Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz and Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Super (I know, below minimum. Still runs okay for my taste XD)
  • Description of the bug : When using the J-404 Afterburner mode, while the visual and sound appear to reflect the use of afterburned, the craft I am flying will lose all velocity over time as if no longer throttled up. 
    • The expected behavior of this feature is an increase in thrust and velocity within an oxygenated atmosphere.
    • Similar to if the craft has been reduced to 0 throttle, craft slows and begins to lose altitude.
  • I have set the "Cycle Mode" function to Custom Action Group 1 and have been using that to toggle the engine between modes. Have not tested switching the mode using the Part Manager in flight.
  • I have no mods installed.

I know this is a small bug, but I wanted to make sure even the small things were reported.

• 2 weeks later...

Does your plane have parts near the exhaust path of the engine? I think afterburning mode can be have the exhaust blocked easier than cruise mode, and that wings have larger hitboxes than their models suggest. I solved this by moving some of the wings on my plane more clear of the exhaust.

I have also seen what BlueB1C2 has seen.  The afterburner is more easily blocked for some reason.  In KSP this was less of a problem because if the part was blocking an exhaust stream then it would become heated up and a heat indicator for the part would pop up.  In this game, you should give all your engines a wide berth because you can even run into a partial thrust situation with occluded engines.