Suggestion: Part size symbols are great, but confusing

Hi, my simple suggestion to make it even cleaner:
The symbols in the VAB are extremely needed (and missing in ksp1), a simple but quality of life change. However whould you consider using the standard Labels instead? So change from XS, SM, MD, LG, XL to what they usually are everywhere: XS, S, M, L, XL

grafik.png

I would like this:

grafik.png

Also it would also be great, if for fuel tanks there were labels indicating the fuel type (like monoprop/methane/xenon/hydrogen)

Edited by nablabla

I think the fuel type label is negated by which drop-down you're in, but I agree there could be a better visual cue when you're scrolling deep in the middle of the tanks section and are looking at individual items, without having to do a separate check or even a scroll just to reconfirm what fuel type dropdown you're in...but at the end of the day, that information is provided in the tank description and the dropdown....indicating in a third way feels excessive.

Yeah the labels are great, really good enhancement. I guess the labels are all two characters to keep them the same width. Not one I have a huge preference over, but I would lean more towards your suggestion of S/M/L rather than SM/MD/LG as it's just more familiar and easier to parse at a glance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.