KSP should accept BitCoin

pointmanzero

Im linking this thread to my forum and posting it in my chat room.

This is a good example of a thread gone bonkers.

WHAT??!! He addressed my concerns about bitcoin?!!? Lets insult him and call him a troll.

That will divert the attention away from the fact that we were wrong about bitcoin.

This is comical.

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Talk_Reason/index.php?showtopic=222

Atari was previously banned for insulting users. he used to be known as Rocket Surgeon. He is evading his ban and I apologize for him calling you a moron. He has called other people many worse things in the past.

As for foamy, He has not made a single personal attack on you and only voiced his objections to bitcoins (though not very politely I admit), and you began raging against his objections to bitcoins. Do you expect him to just smile and take it and agree that you are right?

No, I wasn't, but keep pushing me and I'll start, little man.

If you want to pitch a tantrum online that is fine with me.

This thread no longer has anything to do with Bitcoin. Congrats!!!

You got your wish.

You de-railed a thread because you were wrong about something.

The weird part is I am not angry....yet you still seem to be.

lying about what I've said

That happened where?

ANYTIME you guys want to bring this discussion back to bitcoins would be great.

I still have a small amount of hope.

A friend of mine told me to not judge the entire forum on the entries of certain people and that is fair.

That happened where?

A friend of mine told me to not judge the entire forum on the entries of certain people and that is fair.

The discussion is in the off-topic section. its allowed to be off topic ;P you mad bro? I took a look at your forum and your friend also called you a troll.

your friend also called you a troll.

I don't know him personally so I don't know if he is a friend.

What he actually said was I shouldn't respond to trolls.

I shall quote his post.

Don't be so quick to judge the whole god---- forum because of a couple of users dude.

Yes, this 'AtariBaby' is a troll who spouted veiled insults instead of adding content. Seems like 'foamyesque' was really confrontational and a ----when it was uncalled for.

If someone wants a beef with you, go to personal messages rather than thread posting. Weed out the opinions, lay out the facts, keep it classy and no one gets angry. And you shouldn't have posted #36, you're an account name in the middle of the internet, you don't gain credibility by posting what you posted, you lose that and respect for making it personal WITH A TROLL.

and I agree with him post 36 was me responding angry. This is what the flamers wanted.

I should not stoop to the level of immaturity displayed by them.

Anyway... before this thread was de-railed I addressed every concern about Bitcoins and I still hope KSP adopts it as a form of payment.

None of the objections raised against it here carried any weight.

I hope that I addressed these concerns.

Wake me up when the spaceX thread gets updated.

They're your words, not mine. He is also the 3rd member of your 110 member forum and a moderator of it, and you are the first member and admin. So its fair to say he's probably somewhat close to you, unless you let strangers mod your forum.

That happened where?

*shrug*

So let's talk Bitcoins. They have junk volumes; they are illiquid; they are used primarily by speculators, fanboys, and criminals; they are extraordinarily vulnerable to market manipulation; they aren't backed by anything (fiat currency is backed by a government's willingness to accept it as tax; gold is backed by thousands of years of cultural tradition; Canadian Tire money is backed by a business that could buy every Bitcoin on the market out of petty cash); the exchanges for it are rapacious in their fees and slow in their delivery of real money; the alternative of finding random mooks willing to trade them is the highest order of sketchiness and is, in any event, wholly insufficient for an actual transactional medium; the exchange rate to useful currencies fluctuates wildly and remains extremely unstable (this ties into the speculation issue); the lack of any regulatory body is a downside, not an advantage; five guys with mortgages could corner the entire market; there are, as noted, doubts to the long-term technical feasibilies; the promoters of it are trying to con suckers into buying in, so they can cash out, in classic pyramid scheme fashion; the entire trade is based on the last-sucker principle, where people buy things they know are overpriced in hopes of being able to sell them to another sucker.

BitCoins are penny stocks with a bit of technical gloss to overawe geeks, nerds, and the ignorant. They're a scam.

To these arguments, you have countered with 'you're misinformed' and 'so's wall street'. These are arguments that are literally contemptible in their lack of content, and I have so pointed them out. You bragged about your (alleged) wealth and intelligence, which is less than useless, and I pointed that out. Perhaps I was too subtle, in that I did so by making similar, exaggerated claims, instead of simply saying 'Yeah, I don't believe you, because anyone can claim anything on the internet, and the three things people lie most often about are money, brains, and sex.' I expect you'll get round to the third eventually.

You also seem to have a persistent persecution complex, since the vast, vast majority of your posts are plaintive complaining about how people are being mean to you. I have some news for you, pointman; you may wish to sit down for it. Something being your super mega extra sugary special opinion doesn't require others to agree with it. This does not mean they're flaming you, it means they disagree.

If you want to see what actual flaming looks like, I can provide. Or you can man up and try arguing instead of threatening to hold your breath and take your money and go home like a five year old who got picked last for football.

You were the one who took this offtopic, pointman. I've given you the chance; you can put it back whenever you please. Ball's in your court.