It’d be nice to see varying wave sizes depending on which planet you’re on. For example, Laythe would have absolutely massive waves in it’s deep ocean due to it’s proximity to Jool (at least 10 meters on average). Or maybe Kerbin’s/Eve’s waves could change depending on the weather.

It could also make way for boat and water parts to come into the game. Having rigs in the oceans of planets collecting resources could be a good high risk high reward venture

22 hours ago, BowlerHatGuy3 said:

It’d be nice to see varying wave sizes depending on which planet you’re on. For example, Laythe would have absolutely massive waves in it’s deep ocean due to it’s proximity to Jool (at least 10 meters on average). Or maybe Kerbin’s/Eve’s waves could change depending on the weather.

It could also make way for boat and water parts to come into the game. Having rigs in the oceans of planets collecting resources could be a good high risk high reward venture

Waves like you say would indeed be cool. Not only waves but tje whole notuon of weather on planets. Lile storm, rain etc on kerbin (making launches hard), duststorms on duna (very challenging landing) and like you say big waves on laythe. 

But weather should be optional. being able to turn it of in settings or only having it in hard mode

Edited by Lowi_Sace
grammar

On 5/16/2023 at 5:15 PM, BowlerHatGuy3 said:

The waves wouldn’t be that big, but the scale would still be massive. Imagine hurricane sized waves, but they’re happening all the time.

Yeah for sure, I was just saying that it reminds me of interstellar.

Also, why not have a planet orbiting a black hole with massive waves… that would certainly be an engineering challenge lol

On 5/18/2023 at 8:07 AM, VlonaldKerman said:

Yeah for sure, I was just saying that it reminds me of interstellar.

Also, why not have a planet orbiting a black hole with massive waves… that would certainly be an engineering challenge lol

It would be cool! From a series of science fiction! But everything is real now)))

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.