Ultimate Steve's Unorthodox Rescue Solutions

This is kinda a reverse challenge, sorry if it is in the wrong place. Background:

A while ago I was on reddit and I saw a post of someone's Kerbal getting krakened out of the solar system. Usually this happens at ludicrous velocities, but this one was surprisingly only going at 150 kilometers per second, almost a reasonable velocity. I started doing the math and realized that it would be possible to use a series of four xenon powered ships to bring him home at an almost reasonable part count, assuming better time warp was used. Unfortunately, KSP's exponential fuel flow calculations prevented this, but if Jeb was going 140km/s instead of 150 I would have attempted it. In either case, he never sent over his save file.

The other method I was going to attempt was using Stratzenblitz's high speed mass driver technology to shoot parts out at over 150 kilometers per second and EVA assemble them. However, I could not get stable launches beyond about 80 kilometers per second.

This has gotten me wanting to attempt, or at least think about, more extreme rescue missions.

Comment below a scenario you would like to see me attempt, save file optional, and I will give it an attempt (I'll teleport the Kerbal there if a save is not provided), or at least work out the math if it proves to be too much to actually fly.

Looks a lot like this challenge! 

For this one, I submitted a pair of Kerbals in quite the situation.
-Retrograde Kerbol orbit
-periapsis 4921 km
-apoapsis 536000 km

They are in a very heat resistant vessel so that shouldn't be an issue. I can DM you the save file if you want.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.