The Dark Side Epic Easy Challenge Of Epicness

Humm the C7 mini fuel tank are kinda a cheat no?

0.3 mass, 750 fuel unit..

I've reached orbit with half a fuel tank...

It is AMAZINGLY cheaty. Even the standard fuselage parts, which let you build a double (possibly triple! Although I'm not sure if that's only possible with the mini engines from SP, should check) SSTO design, are pretty broke.

Welcome everyone! I must confess, I feel somewhat of a cheat submitting this entry. C7's super-dense fuel tank is absolutely absurd in this sort of mission profile. I wasn't going to post it, but after two hours trapped in a capsule with Jeb, getting spun around near-uncontrollably, and suffering through two launches and deorbits, Bill and Bob here have persuaded me to share it with you all by gaving me a long, rather detailed list of unpleasant things they would do to me if I didn't.

Salda, which chutes are you using on this one? I don't recognize them.

Salda, which chutes are you using on this one? I don't recognize them.

There are three chutes at takeoff. The top one is a standard mk16 parachute. Underneath it are two of NovaSilisko's stackable mk3 parachutes, with one of his a nano-decouplers in between. So it lands the first time under the mk16 and mk3, detaches those, and then lands the second time under the second mk3.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.