Reference Images in VAB

For the most part in KSP, you just want to build craft for the fun of it, without worrying too much about their exact appearance.

However, one aspect of the game (both 1 and 2) that I enjoy is recreating real-world aircraft and spacecraft. Often, it's hard to gauge a vehicle's proportions when I make it in KSP.

Meanwhile, in another piece of software I use frequently (Bricklink Studio, a digital Lego-building tool), they have the ability to import images as objects that you can then move around, adjusting size and orientation as you see fit. You can then use the image to get sizes/proportions right.

I feel like such a feature would be very useful to those of us who build realistic vehicles, especially with the new flexibility offered by procedural wings (getting accurate sweep, dihedral, etc.)

I've certainly done the reverse in blender (using various construction games  to rough out designs kinda gives me a better sense of proportions for things than defaultcube or even rough sketches, so for some things that kerbal is suited to, I'll slap a bunch of wings together, screenshot in ortho, and bring it in as reference), so a 2 way thing would be handy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.