No Engine Sounds

Guitarman_0511

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x | GPU: RX5700XT | RAM32GB 3600MHz CL16

As you can see (or rather hear) in the video, after the patch I do not have engine sounds. The issue can sometimes be resolved by quicksaving/quickloading. There is sound for the buttons, just not for the countdown and the engines.

Included Attachments:

KSP-Bug23.mp4

10 hours ago, Guitarman_0511 said:

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x | GPU: RX5700XT | RAM32GB 3600MHz CL16

As you can see (or rather hear) in the video, after the patch I do not have engine sounds. The issue can sometimes be resolved by quicksaving/quickloading. There is sound for the buttons, just not for the countdown and the engines.

Included Attachments:

KSP-Bug23.mp4

I just reported this issue, but with the root cause identified.  Atleast for me....after installing 0.1.5, I created a new campaign with the name 0.1.5.  I used the numpad....and Numpad 1, even while in an open text box typing something, will cause the sound to mute.  So, try hitting Numpad 1 to re-enable the sound.  The bug report I opened addresses the overall issue of allowing the game to use Hot Key Binds while in a text input dialogue....on 0.1.4, I couldnt even type "First Munar Landing" in the window, because whenever I pressed the "M" key, it bounced me to the map.  Silly oversight.