Managment of Breaking ground surface experiments has changed; update changed/broke things

lajoswinkler

There has clearly been an update. Now that there is a sidebar, everything has changed. Parts are no longer green ghosts in front of Kerbals that you can orient around. They have controls similar to VAB ones. My Kerbal engineers can now place things on the ground if I click on the large menu that opens by clicking the gear icon on the right side of the screen. Click on the part in the inventory, orient with WASD, click on the ground to place them. But once they place it, that's it. Nobody (engineer, scientist) can pick them up or interact with them or start experiments. Nothing. Right clicking on experiments shows no useful buttons.

All needed parts are on the ground. Station, RTG, communication, experiments. Literally nothing works.

D61C5D577FB11909B6D63AC1A3B5B918985EC49D

I tried looking online but this DLC has been pretty much ignored.

I don't understand why this has to be so complicated.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.