Munar Castaways!

The story begins on the launchpad, Bob, Jeb and Tim C Kerman have just boarded the Munar rocket the Gilgamesh VII. The thrusters fired up and the crew was well on their way off to the Mun. Once the ship was in LKO the satellite dish deployed. Unfortunately, the dish brushed one of the solar panels, and the two parts broke so I was left with no signal and only one panel.  The craft was off-balanced so I shut down the other solar panels and had to rely on the tiny RTG to provide the ship with enough power for the rest of the mission.

Let's fast-forward to LMO. I was slowly burning towards the landing site I had planned. Upon my arrival, I began the landing procedure. Unfortunately for me, my fuel ran out just as I was about 50 or so meters above the surface. I managed to touch down fine (if by fine I mean my lander tipped over, then yes. Fine) and all my kerbals were safe.

In future though I'll have to send a rescue mission once I hone my skills enough. :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.