Orbital Survey [v0.9.4 for KSP2 v0.2.1]

Falki

Is there actually any way to access the internal "biome" data even (edit: without physically being directly in/over the biome in question that is)?  I started playing around with this mod just before the For Science! update, looking ahead to when the biomes would be important info to have - unfortunately the OS "biomes" aren't actually useful at all for science locations, as mentioned above.  But I also can't seem to find what resource the game itself is using to determine biome location either, so not even any way to "pre-generate" a biome map, like you can with the visual maps, that I can figure out - could be a nice "halfway" option between the currently completely useless (though pretty) biome maps, and actual precise biome info for exact coordinates - do the current "biome scan" and it slowly overlays the rough orbital "biome map" like it does the low-detail visual-map currently.

Edited by RaccoonTOF

Hi, something isn't working for me. It consumes EC but the map never gets generated even though I'm above MinAltitude. Also the description tags seems to be broken (maybe this is simply a language problem). any ideas?

edit: installed with ckan

zLWio.jpg

Edited by -dbv-

2 hours ago, -dbv- said:

Hi, something isn't working for me. It consumes EC but the map never gets generated even though I'm above MinAltitude. Also the description tags seems to be broken (maybe this is simply a language problem). any ideas?

edit: installed with ckan

Thanks for reporting this. It seems that the localization isn't working as expected. I thought that the language defaults to English if strings are missing for the selected language, but apparently it doesn't.

I guess you could solve this by just adding German translations in the localization file that is located in  ../BepInEx/plugins/OrbitalSurvey/localizations/orbital_survey_localization.csv

If you do this I'd be happy to add German translations officially in the next version :)

3 hours ago, -dbv- said:

Hi, something isn't working for me. It consumes EC but the map never gets generated even though I'm above MinAltitude.

Oh and about not generating a map. You need to be well above Min alt, as close as possible to Ideal. You get a certain Field of View from your satelite at the Ideal alt and as you get lower or higher than that it's linearly being reduced until it's exactly 0 at the Min/Max Altitude. Depending on the body it can drop to 0 even before you're at the Min/Max alt due to rounding. I guess I could set a minimum pixel radius of 1, but eh, the intent is that you should aspire to be at Ideal alt :)

Current and past orbits are planned in some later update. For Target orbit, I don't know, that might be out of scope of what this mods aspires to do. Maybe if it turns out not to be difficult to add and wouldn't case performance issues.

BTW, I really like those displays, might redesign the UI with something similar later :) 

8 hours ago, Falki said:

If you do this I'd be happy to add German translations officially in the next version :)

Here we go:

Key,Type,Desc,german

PartModules/OrbitalSurvey/Name,Text,,Orbital Survey
PartModules/OrbitalSurvey/Status,Text,,Status
PartModules/OrbitalSurvey/Enabled,Text,,aktiviert
PartModules/OrbitalSurvey/Mode,Text,,Modus
PartModules/OrbitalSurvey/State,Text,,State
PartModules/OrbitalSurvey/ScanningFOV,Text,,Sichtfeld
PartModules/OrbitalSurvey/ScanningFOVDebug,Text,,Sichtfeld (debug)
PartModules/OrbitalSurvey/MinAltitude,Text,,Mindesthöhe
PartModules/OrbitalSurvey/IdealAltitude,Text,,optimale Höhe
PartModules/OrbitalSurvey/MaxAltitude,Text,,maximale Höhe
PartModules/OrbitalSurvey/PercentComplete,Text,,Prozent vollständig
PartModules/OrbitalSurvey/OpenGui,Text,,öffne Karte

OrbitalSurvey/Status/Disabled,Text,,deaktiviert
OrbitalSurvey/Status/Scanning,Text,,Scanning
OrbitalSurvey/Status/Idle,Text,,Leerlauf
OrbitalSurvey/Status/Complete,Text,,Erfassung vollständig
OrbitalSurvey/Status/NoPower,Text,,<color=red>keine Energie ⚠</color>

OrbitalSurvey/State/BelowMin,Text,,<color=red>unter Mindesthöhe ⚠</color>
OrbitalSurvey/State/BelowIdeal,Text,,<color=yellow>unter optimaler Höhe ⚠</color>
OrbitalSurvey/State/Ideal,Text,,<color=green>optimale Höhe</color>
OrbitalSurvey/State/AboveIdeal,Text,,<color=yellow>über optimaler Höhe ⚠</color>
OrbitalSurvey/State/AboveMax,Text,,<color=red>über maximaler Höhe ⚠</color>

OrbitalSurvey/UI/Complete,Text,,<color=green>Vollständig!</color>

OrbitalSurvey/OAB/Description,Text,,Scannt Himmelskörper aus dem Orbit
OrbitalSurvey/OAB/ResourcesRequiredTitle,Text,,Resourcen erforderlich
OrbitalSurvey/OAB/ResourcesRequiredEntry,Text,,Elektrische Ladung

btw. orbiting at optimal altitude solves my problem. maybe min altitude isn't necessary at all. It's confusing is hell ;)

9 hours ago, Radekpl said:

Hello. I would like to ask you if is possible to add this feature to the mod. To show on map your trajectory and maybe the trajectory of your target. Soo you can use the map for not just for science revealing, but then for navigating.

mapMFD2.jpg

orbiter_ui011.png

OMG! I know Orbiter! Way before KSP 1 and 2, I used this to fly some ships! Now I wan this feature to have appeared in this mod too for ksp2! 

On 12/26/2023 at 6:14 PM, Falki said:

Discoverables could be yet another type of scan, similar to KSP1's Anomalies, and for those we need to figure out a system that won't easily reveal all hidden locations. 

What I'd love is an option where these discoverables would generate a large circle of, say, 10 to 20 kilometers of diameter that is then offset in a random direction by 5 to 15 kilometers so that we see something of interest is in that area but don't have an exact fix.

I've been avoiding reading about discoverables for the spoilers, but then realized I'm not sure where I'd even begin to look for them unless I find some level of spoilage where they roughly are on an entire planet's surface.

8 hours ago, SimplyCosmic said:

What I'd love is an option where these discoverables would generate a large circle of, say, 10 to 20 kilometers of diameter that is then offset in a random direction by 5 to 15 kilometers so that we see something of interest is in that area but don't have an exact fix.

I've been avoiding reading about discoverables for the spoilers, but then realized I'm not sure where I'd even begin to look for them unless I find some level of spoilage where they roughly are on an entire planet's surface.

that would be awesome -  I hate flying planes and I never do it because this is a space game. but having a rough direction to land for a mission would be fantastic instead landing anywhere randomly.

14 hours ago, zulu354 said:

when I activate it, I can't reengineer the wings/winglets in the VAB anymore. Deactivating the mod and everything in the vab works fine agian.

Heya, could you add more info about this? I didn't really understand what the issue is.

I can edit wings perfectly fine in the OAB and I don't know how this mod would interfere with it.

Thanks.

37 minutes ago, Falki said:

Do you mean like this? https://i.imgur.com/weREdnV.mp4

Yes. Correct. Even though, even with no antenna, it doesn't work for me.

FYI, I'm using it with Kerbal Life-Support System and its dependancies. Maybe that causes the issue. I hadn't the time yet to try your mod alone. But Life-Support works fine with no issues, with or without Orbital Survey on.

EDIT:

I installed all mods with CKAN, if that's important or some sort of relevant.

EDIT2:

I also can't select the wings anymore, after trying to click on the wrench icon. Only way to get rid of them is to delete the root part of them.

Edited by zulu354

Is there a specific type of antenna or part? Because whenever I use to add antennas on my vessels I'm not seeing Start Suvey option or there is no explanation on parts manager for survey informations on VAB

Note: I just unlocked very early antennas on R&D section and I installed mod on CKAN with dependecies. Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, dragonflyGT said:

Is there a specific type of antenna or part?

Higher gain antennae are needed. You unlock the first at Long-Range Probes node. While hovering parts in the OAB press the shift button to see if Orbital Survey is there or not.