Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

how possible would it be to <snip> (not physics wise, I mean kerbal wise, ...)

The fact people keep asking this question about so many topics really saddens me. :( Kethane is already pushing the suspention of disbelief to the breaking point must we always push more?

With the overlay open in Mapmode, when i have hovered my mouse over the grid and get the Node Popup info in my screen, then when i return too my ship view, the Popup stays in my screen, replacing the mouse cursor.. to get back too a normal cursor i have too switch back too the mapmode, hold my mouse away from the HexGrid overlay, and then return again too the Shipview..

Its a minor glitch, dunno others have it too, dunno if other have the same issue, havent read all the pages ..

For the rest great work Majir, really like the new Overlay..

I'm fairly certain that's a problem with KSP itself, it happens in the VAB all the time with the mouse over menus for parts. Not saying he won't be able to fix it somewhat :)

With the overlay open in Mapmode, when i have hovered my mouse over the grid and get the Node Popup info in my screen, then when i return too my ship view, the Popup stays in my screen, replacing the mouse cursor.. to get back too a normal cursor i have too switch back too the mapmode, hold my mouse away from the HexGrid overlay, and then return again too the Shipview..

Its a minor glitch, dunno others have it too, dunno if other have the same issue, havent read all the pages ..

For the rest great work Majir, really like the new Overlay..

Yeah, I have this issue too. A minor annoyance, but surprising from a mod that has never annoyed me before. I also would like the option to have the grid off by default rather than on by default. And the resource selection window needs an icon rather than being persistent on my map screen.

Great work, Majiir; the grid is beautiful and makes the mod much easier to use. Just these minor quibbles.

Kethane 0.7.2 has been released. The download link on the first post has been updated.

This update makes fixes and improvements related to the geodesic grid overlay. See the 0.7 release notes for information on upgrading from any version other than 0.7 or 0.7.1.

Changes in this version:

• Fixed an issue where the grid overlay would block sunlight from solar panels.
  • The mouseover window no longer stays behind when exiting map view or disabling the overlay.
  • The resource selector window no longer remains when the UI is hidden.
  • Improved performance of cell mouseover detection.
  • Adjusted the Minmus grid radius to fix a clipping issue.
  • Moved plugin-wide settings from the PluginConfiguration system to a ConfigNode. Those settings now reside in KSP/GameData/Kethane/settings.cfg.
  • The "show overlay" setting and resource selector window position are now saved to the settings file and persist between scenes.
  • Added a settings option to disable the main menu overlay. But seriously, a lot of you guys complained way too hard about this.
  • Disabled surface attachment for the KE-G35 generator.

Found a major bug, the map overlay blocks solar panels

Ditto. Sometimes changing altitude seems to free them up briefly but they always get blocked again. Does not seem to be any user-affectable variables that can be changed to work around it.

Added a settings option to disable the main menu overlay. But seriously, a lot of you guys complained way too hard about this.

I didn't simply cuz I saw it and took it to be such an embarrassing bug that surely you'd have it gone in the next version. :)

Kethane 0.7.2 has been released. The download link on the first post has been updated.

<snip>

Guys, I think serious thanks are in order here. It appears Majiir just pulled an all-nighter so we can mine digital green gas from digital planets and moons, and that's really a lot more effort than is (or should be!) required to maintain a mod.

Majiir, you rock and Kethane rocks. Go take a cruise to the Bahamas or something. :)

Ditto. Sometimes changing altitude seems to free them up briefly but they always get blocked again. Does not seem to be any user-affectable variables that can be changed to work around it.

Just toggle the show overlay button. It should fix it, or at least it did for me.

Guys, I think serious thanks are in order here. It appears Majiir just pulled an all-nighter so we can mine digital green gas from digital planets and moons, and that's really a lot more effort than is (or should be!) required to maintain a mod.

Confirming sleep has not yet been acquired this cycle.

Ever since I saw the geodesic grid on Skunky's KSPTV Kethane special I knew it would be another epic update. And it is. :D

However I do have a small request; would it be possible to make the 'scanning beam' a bit wider. Currently it is always 1 grid wide independent of orbital altitude making a high, slow orbit very inefficient. A wider 'beam' could compensate this slightly. (Similar to ISAMapSat; high altitude = wide but low resolution, low = narrow but high res.)

Ever since I saw the geodesic grid on Skunky's KSPTV Kethane special I knew it would be another epic update. And it is. :D

However I do have a small request; would it be possible to make the 'scanning beam' a bit wider. Currently it is always 1 grid wide independent of orbital altitude making a high, slow orbit very inefficient. A wider 'beam' could compensate this slightly. (Similar to ISAMapSat; high altitude = wide but low resolution, low = narrow but high res.)

This is not ISA, stop trying to scan like it is.

If done properly you can get a complete map WAY faster than you ever could with ISA. Use more scanners and do your scan in time warp.

I believe proper credit for that goes to MechJeb.

Holy smokes, that means I haven't looked at Mun in well over a month. But I guess you're correct, I've thrown out mechJeb and replaced it by the latest update. Mun looks dull and gray again. :D

Thanks for your quick reply and apologies for thinking it was your doing.

Lol, when mechjeb2 was first released that was on by default. I think 2.0.2 gave us the option to turn it off and 2.0.3 had it off by default. You can still go into the settings in one of the windows and turn it on. It also controls the random event during launch where your ship gets hit by lightning

Um not to be a dick or anything, but its pretty easy to install a mod in KSP.. Prior to this update I had no issue.. I've wiped KSP 3 times and reinstalled Kethane the same amount. Pretty flawless, unzip the kethane.zip to KSP/GameData folder...

However, upon further investigation, Kethane was not the cause of the issue. Seems one of my other Mods, was conflicting with Kethane, and upon removal, has resolved the issue. I have a feeling it was using an older MMI_Kethane.dll file which was causing the conflict. I will try and see which mod was using an older dll, and update this post.

Thanks for the assistance.

GP Space Industries

Thanks, It's probably one of my old mods. I guess that I have to update it's MMI_kethane.dll

I know you seem a little bit irritated by the complaints regarding the main menu overlay, but seems as most people just felt it was masking this addon as an overshadowing feature being a direct part of KSP.

Now that said, I think your additions "should" be a complete integral part of KSP, and I really hope they hire you guys to make this a permanent addition. As for your dedication to us fans, I will say it again, "You sir are a small hero in the modding community of KSP"... Some would say you just go "TO FAR GOOD SIR....TO FAR"

Great work and thx a ton from Oregon...

Dren

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.