Science Tracker external CLI app

Zylark

Link to repo for this little app: https://github.com/rDybing/ksp2scirep

---

Hi there, over the down period post Xmas, I´ve spent some time making a little command line app that interrogates a save file and shows neatly what science you´ve completed, sorted on body and biome. By tomorrow I´ll have it so that you can select what body you want the overview of - and soon(tm) export to PDF for printout.

Anyhow, when done to the specs for a version 1, I´ll compile for Windows (currently on Mac and Linux, because that are my dev environments - Windows are for games, not work :P ). Source code of course will be open source (MIT License) and available on github - and if any modder want to translate it to some KSP2 mod, that´s in C# right? So shouldn´t be too different from the Go source, you not only have my blessing - but also encouragment. I´ll not have the time - I just wrote it initially for myself to get an overview of the science I´d already done. But hey, sharing is caring, right?

Screenshot of current state of the app:
eDVreZc.png

I´ll edit this post when I have more. Have a continued merry Xmas and a soon to be happy new year!

edit 231228: Released version 1. Link to repo at top of post. Updated screenshot to new version.

Edited by Zylark
Updated with link to repo and new screenshot.

Current release have some issues on Windows with how the console is treated - it won't clear the console and start writing from top-left for each "screen", but rather just continue downwards. Turns out Windows console works different from Mac/Linux, whodda' thunk it?! Anyhow - I do have a solution, but will require some extra time, so that is a tomorrow problem. I'll have it fixed before New-Year, I promise! :)

I'll also look into having the app go directly to the KSP2 save-file folder rather than doing the current copy-paste. But I won't promise any ETA on that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.