dead thread don't post here

Jax885

I am asking any and all kerbal rocket scientists and engineers to build me an easy-to-fly space station.

Requirements

Enough fuel to get the station into a medium-distance fixed orbit around Kerbin and back

UNFATHOMABLY COLOSSAL SIZE (Not too big)

Stability

Easy controlling

No mods

Optional Requirements

Cool Exterior

Ungodly speed

Completed before halloween

Thank you,

-Jax885

OK, first, I'll answer your requirements:

a)Getting a station into fixed orbit is easy to do with fuel unless...

b)You want a station that is massive, in which case you'll have to fly up pieces and use a mod to put them together. Plus, a massive station would lag any system.

c)While you're in space, almost anything is stable unless it's spinning extremely fast for some reason

d)It's a station. Why does it have to be able to be controlled?

e)If you don't want mods, remove your second requirement.

Optional stuff:

a)Not all that possible with your standard parts

b)It's in orbit. It should never increase its speed, unless you want it to for some reason have a extremely elliptical orbit, or an orbit around Kerbol (and then it would have to be closer to go faster and maintain the orbit).

c)Wouldn't actually be that hard to do this

So what I'm saying is that you're going to have to sacrifice if you want a good station and get some mods. Otherwise, you'll have to sacrifice on looks and size.

I have plenty I could give you, but they all use Crew Tank so they can house more than 3 kerbals and not look like crap. Mine are massive and single launch (no on-orbit assembly required) but require a colon stomping PC to actually get them off the ground without the game crashing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.