[1.12.5] Celestial Rescale (v0.3.2) - Rescale the stock system!

SpaceNerd24

27 minutes ago, Goosey said:

Cool. I really like your mod so far though, can't wait to see what else comes. It wouldn't be your main priority, but would you sometime consider scaling parts mass, ISP, etc to be in order with the set world scale?

I might consider that but if I do make that it would be a separate add on to this mod

Posted (edited)

Update v0.3.1

Fixed bugs
apparently I didn't fix gas giants and sun's not being rescaled
added better SOI rescaling
fixed lines while in orbit

Edited by SpaceNerd032

On 3/30/2024 at 11:24 PM, SpaceNerd032 said:

I might consider that but if I do make that it would be a separate add on to this mod

well after 2.7x of course because thats what most Stockalike part mods are balanced for.

• 3 weeks later...

You claim that the latest version has solved the problem of rescaling gas giants and stars, but according to my test (game version 1.12.5), in a typical 10.66x rescaling test (if it works properly, then Kerbin's size and mass are the same as the Earth in the real world, making it reasonable to explore the Stock System using Realism Overhaul), I found that the laythe, which is 10.66x in size, surrounds the Jool of Stock Size, and the entire Jool System is closer to Kerbol than Moho, while Kerbol becomes quite huge and looks like a red giant star, which makes it impossible for this system to explore properly. Therefore, we hope the bug can be fixed as soon as possible. When combined with Outer Planets Mod, the three additional giant planets sarnus, Urlum and Neidon cannot rescale properly, just like jool. All celestial bodies in the real solar system can achieve normal rescaling, but stars and gas giant in stock system such as Kerbol and Jool still cannot rescale properly.I don't know why Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune can get the correct rescaling, but Jool in the stock system and Sarnus, Ullum, and Neidon in OPM cannot get the correct rescaling.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, OrganicRigel said:

You claim that the latest version has solved the problem of rescaling gas giants and stars, but according to my test (game version 1.12.5), in a typical 10.66x rescaling test (if it works properly, then Kerbin's size and mass are the same as the Earth in the real world, making it reasonable to explore the Stock System using Realism Overhaul), I found that the laythe, which is 10.66x in size, surrounds the Jool of Stock Size, and the entire Jool System is closer to Kerbol than Moho, while Kerbol becomes quite huge and looks like a red giant star, which makes it impossible for this system to explore properly. Therefore, we hope the bug can be fixed as soon as possible. When combined with Outer Planets Mod, the three additional giant planets sarnus, Urlum and Neidon cannot rescale properly, just like jool. All celestial bodies in the real solar system can achieve normal rescaling, but stars and gas giant in stock system such as Kerbol and Jool still cannot rescale properly.I don't know why Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune can get the correct rescaling, but Jool in the stock system and Sarnus, Ullum, and Neidon in OPM cannot get the correct rescaling.

Could you send me your ksp.log? Also are  the gas giants the only thing not working

Edited by SpaceNerd032

Where is the CelestialRescaleLocalSettings.cfg file located? Or I just didn't understand how to use this mod?

(Nevermind, I think I got it)

Edited by MainFish
I no longer need help.

Nevermind, I still need help. How to use this mod? I put both folders (Celestial-Rescale-master and CelestialRescale) in GameData and edited the CelestialRescaleLocalSettings.cfg file. These are the changes:

scaleFactor = 3.4

scaleFactor2 = 3.4

And it still doesn't work.

9 hours ago, MainFish said:

Nevermind, I still need help. How to use this mod? I put both folders (Celestial-Rescale-master and CelestialRescale) in GameData and edited the CelestialRescaleLocalSettings.cfg file. These are the changes:

scaleFactor = 3.4

scaleFactor2 = 3.4

And it still doesn't work.

If that doesn't work then maybe try downloading it from CKAN

After downloading CelestialRescale from CKAN it just doesn't work. The rescale is still 3.4 (both rescales in the rescale .cfg file). When I open the game just nothing happens. And how to send the KSP.log here? It seems that I can't put a file here.

Edited by MainFish
I deleted the log that I pasted because it was too large for a post

10 hours ago, MainFish said:

After downloading CelestialRescale from CKAN it just doesn't work. The rescale is still 3.4 (both rescales in the rescale .cfg file). When I open the game just nothing happens. And how to send the KSP.log here? It seems that I can't put a file here.

Google drive or other file sharing service