[1.12.5] Celestial Rescale (v0.3.4) - Rescale any Solar System!

SpaceNerd24

22 hours ago, Zaxxon said:

Thanks for making this mod!  Question: does this only change planet/moon sizes or does it also scale out the orbits?

I am trying to build a game setup that is like RO/RP1/RSS but be the Kerbin solar system instead of RSS.   If anyone has any tips for mods/mod setups, would love to hear them.  There are numerous offerings out there, but so far I'm struggling to get an overall setup that is as well polished and well rounded as RO/RP1/RSS Express setup.  This mod ends up funky with that mod, etc.

I don't necessarily need scale increased to 10x, but would like at least JNSQ standard scale.  Having some trouble getting JNSQ to work right with some of the other mods -- JNSQ hasn't been updated for a few years.   Also, somewhat bigger than standard JNSQ would be desired, but JNSQ size does work will if sticking with stock balanced parts.  There are mods to make stock parts work well with 10x, but many 3rd part parts aren't going to be changed right and would balance better to JNSQ standard size - which I think is 2.7x.

FYI to those going large size like 10x but not doing the RSS thing - check out SMURFF app for fuel tank rebalancing to larger scale planets.  But with caution - it's no longer updated.  Maybe something else out there better now, but I found it useful for JNSQ 10x setup.

It scales planets, SOIs, orbits, and atmospheres.

Thanks.  Does it change body's mass and/or surface gravity?

Have a request - A separate control for atmosphere scaling vs planet size, etc.  Example, it isn't always desired nor realistic for atmosphere/karman line to be 3x higher if making planet 3x larger radius.

Posted (edited)
On 8/1/2024 at 7:24 AM, Zaxxon said:

Does it change body's mass and/or surface gravity?

Yes is changes both of those but surface gravity is by a smaller number

On 8/1/2024 at 7:24 AM, Zaxxon said:

Have a request - A separate control for atmosphere scaling vs planet size, etc.  Example, it isn't always desired nor realistic for atmosphere/karman line to be 3x higher if making planet 3x larger radius

That was already planned for so it should be added in the next update 

Edited by SpaceNerd24

Update v0.3.4

Added:

• Added config for atmoFactor which unless it is set to one will be the value that the atmosphere is scaled by. If set to zero the mod will automaticly set it to 3/4 of the scaleFactor
  • Slightly Improved terrain rescaling

• 4 weeks later...

Have been using the original Rescale configs by Galileo88, I plan on switching to this because their 10x configs have several surface-related issues such as not having ground contact despite being landed that this mod doesn't currently have. Will the terrain scaling be exactly or similar to the original so that any landed vehicles wouldn't be destroyed?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, RedMelonShark said:

Have been using the original Rescale configs by Galileo88, I plan on switching to this because their 10x configs have several surface-related issues such as not having ground contact despite being landed that this mod doesn't currently have. Will the terrain scaling be exactly or similar to the original so that any landed vehicles wouldn't be destroyed?

I would be careful with switching mods because this and Rescale/Sigma Dimensions work differently, but I haven’t tested that so I don’t really know.

Edited by SpaceNerd24

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SheepDog2142 said:

That is does but my KSC is in the ocean at 2.5 scale lol

I am working on a fix for that should be done in a week or two, though I can’t guarantee anything.