Space Junk

While learning the game I have launched a huge amount of rockets. Now that I am getting better at it I am running into the problem of an enormous amount of space junk. I found that i can double click on them and "end flight" but as I said above, I have so much up there that I was wondering how I could clear it all at once.

thanks

Well, Hi!

Assuming you don't mean you want to send up a fleet of very Kerbal SpaceTrawlers to whisk all that lovely orbital scrap back down to the blue & green...

You could just edit your persistence file, delete all those VESSEL's that are debris and reduce the number of listed ongoing flights to the right amount and you're set to start cluttering the place up again - or planning and over-tinkering with your designs & mods to ensure you can de-orbit at least 60-70% of whatever you put up in the future!

Eco-friendly launches, working out how to get rid of your spent stages etc. is just another of the joys of KSP, just don't tell folks about that little launchpad incident with the Nuclear Engines we blew up last week...

• 6 months later...

For the debris that's already there, the settings trick is the easiest way. For the future, though, it's possible to get by with almost no debris if you plan your launch with that in mind. For most of my launches, I try to put as much energy as possible into my orbit BEFORE my periapsis leaves the atmosphere, and at that point I jettison any stage I don't still need; thus, I almost never leave debris in Kerbin orbit, because almost all of it falls back down.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.