Why play (suggestions)

As far as plane controls go I've found that the Trim Controller mod is just what the game needs for making flying planes long distance quite nice so it'd be great to see something like that make its way into the game proper.

2 hours ago, mattihase said:

I don't think I've seen a github readme file collapse into a pile of code before now. They must have dropped support for something in the last 9 years or so.

MUAHAHAHA: I hadn't noticed (I haven't scrolled that far in a while). But I think it's because it's a ReadMe.htm (I was publishing it direct from MSVS).

2 hours ago, mattihase said:

Definitely I can imagine a little side mission chain dedicated to setting up a prototype base somewhere on kerbin and set up a supply route to it could be both a good way to integrate setting up more stuff on kerbin to the game and make non-space-planes actually be relevant for a moment rather than completely just being beautiful looking bridge-flyer-underers.

The Island runway would be a great place to start you off gently - i.e a little existing infrastructure - before getting you to throw everything into building somewhere else from scratch?

I definitely wish the island runway had more... interactivity? Like, it definitely feels like a step backwards from KSP1 where you could climb the tower and had hangars to go in and out of.

If it could be used as a test site for experimenting with adding colony bits on to make it suck less, like not necessarily as a tutorial but as a testbed deployment site or something along those lines, that would certainly make up for it though.