So my ksp was broken so i decided to uninstall it and reinstall it, my old safe file is not there

when you un-install a game, all game files are deleted, steam has a system where game saves and alike are uploaded to the cloud so when you reinstall the game, your saves are there. i do not believe epic games has a system like this, so your game files (including the saves) are wiped and unrecoverable : (

Edited by LGM-25C Titan II ICBM

So, welcome to the forum.

11 hours ago, Vision831 said:

i checked the saves file thing in the ksp directory

(Assuming you are on Windows), it is possible (especially since you know the file path in the ksp directory), to recover deleted files.  I would not guarantee this will work, though, if you have already recreated a new file by the same path/name.

But this is the avenue I would explore...

If you can't find the persistent.sfs, try looking for a quicksave.sfs and if you were using Kerbal Alarm Clock you might have any number of other .sfs files in your save directory.

And by the way, the obligatory, "live & learn".  :( 

(No, I am not a Windows user.  Where to start, I can't say, but help wil lbe online.)

Edited by Hotel26