Realism Overhaul Tutorial...moar?

BenKerman

Hi,

I followed the instructions at this link Early Career Tutorial · KSP-RO/RP-1 Wiki · GitHub pretty successfully (although not perfectly).  Are there more step-by-step tutorials out there for RO things?  Here's a list of things I'm interested in:

1. orbiting a satellite (no recovery)
  2. landing on Moon, returning from Moon
  3. landing a Kerbal (are they humans now?) on Mars & returning, and specifically using a Robert Zubrin "Mars Direct" style program (sans the spinning artificial gravity)
  4. playing with Falcon Heavy to see what it can do (could it go to Moon or Mars)?

Thanks,

Ben

There's a number of decent tutorials on YouTube. Try this playlist by Carnasa it includes the first two.

Raiz Space's sandbox video series also explores a lot of advanced topics.

For falcon 9/heavy booster landings you'll probably want an extra mod - either BoosterGuidance or KOS. If you go fully expendable then F9Heavy can send an unmanned probe to Moon/Mars.

Most manned Mars missions need a lot of launches with assembly in orbit or very heavy launchers (e.g. Sea Dragon or Starship can reduce the number of launches needed) or you can really overbuild for single launch missions (Carnasa has some insane videos of stacked Saturn Vs last segment has a Saturn V in orbit of Pluto!)  

Thanks!  I'm not super interested in booster re-usability.  I'll check these out.

And I should have clarified my original post, I built the sounding rocket and the downrange rocket from the RO tutorial, but nothing else.