Blender Part Not Scaling Properly

I have tried this a couple different ways, but when I make a cylinder it always comes out the wrong width. For example, a large fuel tank is 2.5m across. I set Blender to Metric with a scale of 1.0 under the Scene tab. I can see in Blender that the width is 2.5m, but after export it still comes out being wider than a fuel tank. What am I missing?

The zipped Blender file is attached. Thanks!

[ATTACH]34972[/ATTACH]

Edited by Hooligan Labs

in the belnder file i can see that the thingys are indeed 2.5m, so i dont think the error is in blender. also , aren't fuel tanks 1m or 2m?

what cfg file are you using to get it into KSP? note this cfg for a ksp fuel tank:

// --- asset parameters ---

mesh = model.mu

scale = 0.1

maybe that?

in the belnder file i can see that the thingys are indeed 2.5m, so i dont think the error is in blender. also , aren't fuel tanks 1m or 2m?

what cfg file are you using to get it into KSP? note this cfg for a ksp fuel tank:

mesh = model.mu

scale = 0.1

maybe that?

Here are my parameters:

mesh = HL_AirshipCompressor.dae

scale = 0.5

// --- node definitions ---

// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.51, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.51, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

node_attach = 2.51, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1

In comparison, here are the parameters for a large fuel tank:

name = fuelTank1-2

module = FuelTank

author = NovaSilisko

mesh = model.mu

rescaleFactor = 1

node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.875, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.875, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

node_attach = 1.25, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1

Since the rescale factor is 1 and the node_attach radius is 1.25, I was thinking a 2.5m wide cylinder.

Hm, I'm not sure that will work. The scale of 0.5 seems to put everything in about the proper spot for some reason. I have tried smaller scales and then the attachment points are nowhere near the right location.

Also strange, when I change the scale the model does not resize. Only the attachment points move. What could be causing that?

I actualy was thinking the same, I import your model with 1.0 an 0.1 and it just looks the same. now im not sure what the scale on the cfg does, maybe it just changes the scale for the nod parameters?..

well anyway, the part must be 2m in order to be the same as a fuel tank, maybe 2m, and 0.5 wont make the nods move position?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.