Random crash when loading new area(?)

It seems to happen more or less after 40 minutes each time too,  any ideas? I don't really know how to read the logs - I hope its not an issue with the new intel cpus, been having trouble with a lot of games because of it.

I have been fighting with the same error (PQS.BuildVertexMapCoords) for weeks. I also have a newer Intel (13900k).

Initially I could only play vanilla and any mods would cause instability. I set high CPU priority to the process and affinity to only on pcores with Process Lasso and cleared out any folder with Thumbs in its name. Now I can play for about 30m before crashes. Not using anywhere near my full RAM and no issues running modern games, just KSP.

Anything more than a handful of mods will cause crashes in the first few scene changes.

So - I fixed this, and I think it might work for you too.

I upgraded to Windows 11 and I can now throw everything at KSP 1 and it just takes it. No crashes for an hour and I just keep heaping more on it. Instances I had zero stability with just run now.

I looked at your logs and saw we had the same CPU and were both on Windows 10, and another user had this error and ultimately fixed it with a new build (maybe Windows 11?). This might have to do with the Processor Schedule Algorithm built into Windows, which was overhauled for the complexity of gen 12+ Intels.

Thank you for mentioning your hunch... I was about to put this down for good and I love this game! :kiss:

Please report back if you are willing to swallow this fix. If it works for you as well, this would be good to have marked as FIXED for anyone else lurking.

Ok. Switching to Windows 11 got me from crashing within a minute to crashing every 45m.

I still wasn't happy, so kept troubleshooting and looked into general Unity issues.

Underclocking my GPU by 100hz in MSI Afterburner seems to have gotten rid of crashing completely. I have an EVGA 3080 ti.