Going Out of Business (Immersive Campaign with YouTube videos)

Kalko

Hello everyone.

I'd like to share with you my attempt at an "Immersive Campaign".

I forced my engineers to work hard on cockpits and command centers, and their work paid off - they made me fully immersive cockpits, from which a whole mission can be executed without the need for HUD.
The goal was to have an immersive experience of commanding space vessels, and feeling how big the space is.

Details of Career:

Save Name: Going Out of Business
Agency Name: Jeb's Junkyard
CEO: Jebediah Kerman (he funded the program and I'm legally obliged to use his logo on vessels, unless a client pays extra otherwise)
Difficulty: Normal (with modifications)
Starting values: Increased (so that I can skip the first few missions to save time):
- Funds: 50 000  Koins (Jeb got some money from sharing his crazy home-made rockets on KerbTube,  but it's far from the 500 000 limit)
- Science: 50 (max) (Jeb's collaboration with other KerbTubers gave him some scientific insights)
- Reputation: -50 (Jeb once accidentally killed some wild animals when his rocket crashed on their next, which lead to his reputation suffering mildly, but nothing compared to the -1000 limit)

All parameters and rules might be subject to change at a later date.

This is not a "challenge", and although I have some rules, they are there to make it more fun. I sometimes do routine missions in "normal" mode. However, if a mission is worth sharing, I'll do my best to achieve the most immersive experience. (within reason)

If you like content like this and want to see more, let me know in the comments.

Progress so far:

- I've managed to position some satellites
- some approaches to the moon and managed one kinda-successful landing with the Jozef XIII mission.
- I got a Minmus mining base up and running (pictures coming soon)
- I created a good SSTO program,  capable of doing deep space missions

Immersive Missions:

Jozef XIII:

- it's a Mk.1 command module, suited for one Kerbal.
- launched with a 2 staged rocket with no side boosters
- goal of the mission was to land on the Mun, plant a flag with Jeb's logo, get surface samples and return safely back to Kerbin
- landing didn't go as planned and the ship got slightly damaged and toppled on it's side
- footage of the landing has been damaged during the crash, and is not available
- Jeb managed to get back to orbit on his own
- footage of Jeb's getting off the surface is linked below
- Jeb then got safely home
- footage of Jeb's arrival home is being processed

Plugins used:

Improved IVA and EVA:
- RasterPropMonitor
- Free IVA
- Through the Eyes of a Kerbal
- Vessel Viewer
- Parallax 

DIfficulty modifiers:
- Kerbal Krash System
- Dang It!
- TAC Life Support System

Improved audio:
- Chatterer
- Ships Effects

- and some other plugins that got downloaded as prerequisites of those listed but there are like 20 of them and  they don't impact the game themselves anyway